Any photos of Westerdam Cabins J1015-J1068?

Dynaglyde

Does anyone have a photo of the interiors of any of these cabins? There are 3 of us sharing a cabin on the Westerdam and we are curious about the configuration. Three adult women; 1 curling iron; 4 bottles of wine. Chaos will ensue!!!

The Special Ednas are gonna have some fun!

dynaglyde

Does anyone have a photo of the interiors of any of these cabins? There are 3 of us sharing a cabin on the Westerdam and we are curious about the configuration. Three adult women; 1 curling iron; 4 bottles of wine. Chaos will ensue!!!

I have stayed in J-1037 on the Oosterdam (twice) and the Noordam. It's a FANTASTIC cabin, as are all the Js on Main deck forward of the Atrium. These cabins should be the same on the Westerdam (since she is the same class of ship as the Oosterdam and Noordam).

cabin1.jpg

cabin2.jpg

cabin3.jpg

cabin4.jpg

I hope these help.

Thanks, Revneal, I knew I could count on one of the wonderful posters for help.

Since the cabin is designed to sleep either 3 or 4 people, I have to ask:

--is the "box" above the King sized bed the bunk bed?

--if there are 4 people in the cabin, does the couch fold out for a 4th person?

--in your experience, did the DVD player work for playing CD's? I have read some do, some don't. Since counter space will be at a premium, I don't want to bring along my mini CD player or ipod with speakers if I don't have to.

One of the "Special Ednas"

dynaglyde

I stayed in the same configuration on the Noordam.

Yes, the "box" above the queen bed is the drop-down bed. The couch opens up as a single, right where the table and chair are. That creates the problem of where to put the table/chair at night. When the couch is open it also narrows the walking space to the bathroom.

If one of you can climb up to the bunk bed you might be better off using that. You'll definitely have more floor space. If you use the bunk you can have the beds made up with your heads at the foot, so you don't bump your noggins. ;)

dynaglyde

The bed will split to two twins and the sofa for the third is probably the better choice. Not all Cat J's on main deck can hold 4, so some of them may not even have the bunk.

Note that these photos are PRE-Signature of Excellence and that the room will look a little different, among the changes will be a flat panel TV which I BELIEVE may be up on a small shelf, so the counter space may be a little better than you can see from this picture.

The rooms are shower only, about 200 sqft (instead of 165 or so for most other insides/oceanviews) and super convenient to the elevators. Cat K on Main Deck is the same configuration although they are further aft.

Note on the deck plan which ones connect if you want to ensure one way or the other whether or not you have one.

I've been doing my research on these as well. As you can see from my sig, I'll be on the Westerdam in J 1060 June 1-8 :)

Can't WAIT! :)

Thanks, Revneal, I knew I could count on one of the wonderful posters for help.

Since the cabin is designed to sleep either 3 or 4 people, I have to ask:

--is the "box" above the King sized bed the bunk bed?

--if there are 4 people in the cabin, does the couch fold out for a 4th person?

--in your experience, did the DVD player work for playing CD's? I have read some do, some don't. Since counter space will be at a premium, I don't want to bring along my mini CD player or ipod with speakers if I don't have to.

You're so very welcome! I'm glad to have been of "service." :D

1. Yes, the "box" above the bed is a bunk bed that lets down from the ceiling.

2. The King Size bed is actually two twin beds joined together. They can easily be separated. When they do this there is a let down ladder that helps people climb up into the bunk bed.

3. The 4th person sleeps on the bed that pulls out from the couch (see Ruth's remarks)

4. The photos show this cabin as it was in February 2005, before the Signature of Excellence upgrades which swapped out the TV for a flat screen TV and DVD. Under this new configuration (which I experienced in this same cabin but aboard the Noordam) the DVD player also played MP3 CDs and CDR and CDs. So, you don't have to bring your iPod player, unless you really want to. I always do, but I'm kinda picky about having classical music during the evening, etc.

Archived