random questions re freeport/nassau

nator555

1. If we do the dolphin encounter at the Blue Lagoon can I watch if my husband and son do it?

2. Is there anywhere cheap to eat near the Paradise Island Ferry Dock before we do the dolphin encounter?

3. How early/late is the straw market open?

4. Where do we pay the $3 pp for the Gold Rock Beach donation?

5. Where is the Lucayan Marina so I can check the tide schedule before heading over to the Gold Rock Beach?

6. What time would the sunset mid May?

TIA!!!

1. If we do the dolphin encounter at the Blue Lagoon can I watch if my husband and son do it?

2. Is there anywhere cheap to eat near the Paradise Island Ferry Dock before we do the dolphin encounter?

3. How early/late is the straw market open?

4. Where do we pay the $3 pp for the Gold Rock Beach donation?

5. Where is the Lucayan Marina so I can check the tide schedule before heading over to the Gold Rock Beach?

TIA!!!

If you want to watch your family, you'll need to get an observer ticket.

(available at the ferry terminal)

You're tickets include the ferry ride to the island.

Without some level of ticket, you won't be allowed on the ferry that goes out to the island.

As for places to eat.. I'm afraid most are closing this week and do to be demolished.

There's a few places in the marina village.. but they have long line.

I'd grab a bite downtown or on the ship.

Straw market is open until 5pm - shops at marina vilage are open til 8pm. But they are far more expensive.

You asked:

What a great question! Thank you.

On May 15, 2008, the sun sets at 7:47 pm in Nassau, Bahamas, and you will have had 13 hours and 22 minutes of daylight. I hope that is a great day!

The sun sets in Nassau, Bahamas at 7:40 pm on May 1, 2008.

The sunset is LATER each day by about 30 seconds, so that by May 31, 2008, the sunsets at 7:55 pm.

Here is a link to what I call the Technical Tourist information for Nassau, Bahamas — things like sunrise, sunset, moon phases, weather, longitude and latitude, phone dialing codes, and distances to other cities. Also, in case it is important to you, the Bahamas follows USA Eastern Time. It is from the following link, that you can go to the page to calculate the sunset times for other dates and places.

Time and Date.com

Peace and happy cruising to you,

John

Ooops, I wanted to edit my sunset-times post, but my 20-minute porthole had expired. This is a supplement to my previous post.

You asked:

On May 15, 2008, the Freeport/Lucaya, Bahamas sunset is at 7:43 pm.

The sunset for Nassau, Bahamas is about 4 minutes later:

On May 15, 2008, the Nassau, Bahamas sunset is at 7:47 pm

Here is how to estimate the sunset times for different dates in May in Nassau and Freeport, Bahamas. The sun sets in Nassau, Bahamas at 7:40 pm on May 1, 2008. The sunset is LATER each day by about 30 seconds, so that by May 31, 2008, the sunsets at 7:55 pm in Nassau and about 7:51 pm at Freeport/Lucaya which is about 4 minutes earlier because Freeport/Lucaya is northwest of Nassau.

Peace and happy cruising to you,

John

Archived