Back from 1/5/08 Liberty sailing

K1200S

My only complaint about the ship was the wood on the railing of the balcony cabins all were in need of varnish. My friends and I all thoroughly enjoyed the cruise. We made the mistake of getting to the embarkation point about 2:30 and I believe half the passengers were all trying to get through. It took longer then I would have liked but it was my fault for getting there late. We drove to Miami but our car decided it wanted to spend the week in West Palm. Thankfully we left Friday and were in Ft Pierce went the car broke. We were able to get it towed to a repair shop and get a rental. The route we took from the repair shop to the port would have worked out just fine except for not taking Saturday traffic into account. The repair shop fixed the car and picked us up Saturday morning. I drove back to the repair shop and took care of the bill and we were on our way.

Two of the folks that went with us got married on St Maarten arranged through RCI. While some of the organization and communication between RCI and the couple was lacking the ceremony was one of the best weddings I have been to. The bride has said if she had to do it over again she would have dealt with the company directly rather then go through RCI. Don't know what that would do to the wedding pictures the RCI photographer took.

Yes, there were a large number of children on board and some were out of control. Didn't let it bother me for a nano second.

For the first time we went to Portofino's for dinner. The 6 of us all thought it was worth the money. We also went to Johnny Rocket's for the first time. There isn't a Johnny Rocket's anywhere in NC that I know of so I can't say if all their burgers are as good as the one I had. Again well worth the money.

My only complaint about the ship was the wood on the railing of the balcony cabins all were in need of varnish. My friends and I all thoroughly enjoyed the cruise. We made the mistake of getting to the embarkation point about 2:30 and I believe half the passengers were all trying to get through. It took longer then I would have liked but it was my fault for getting there late. We drove to Miami but our car decided it wanted to spend the week in West Palm. Thankfully we left Friday and were in Ft Pierce went the car broke. We were able to get it towed to a repair shop and get a rental. The route we took from the repair shop to the port would have worked out just fine except for not taking Saturday traffic into account. The repair shop fixed the car and picked us up Saturday morning. I drove back to the repair shop and took care of the bill and we were on our way.

Two of the folks that went with us got married on St Maarten arranged through RCI. While some of the organization and communication between RCI and the couple was lacking the ceremony was one of the best weddings I have been to. The bride has said if she had to do it over again she would have dealt with the company directly rather then go through RCI. Don't know what that would do to the wedding pictures the RCI photographer took.

Yes, there were a large number of children on board and some were out of control. Didn't let it bother me for a nano second.

For the first time we went to Portofino's for dinner. The 6 of us all thought it was worth the money. We also went to Johnny Rocket's for the first time. There isn't a Johnny Rocket's anywhere in NC that I know of so I can't say if all their burgers are as good as the one I had. Again well worth the money.

because there is another poster back from that sailing giving it a thumbs down due to unruly kids, and rude "foreigners"..... check other postings can't seem to link the thread for you. Was the pool deck w/out enough chairs?

because there is another poster back from that sailing giving it a thumbs down due to unruly kids, and rude "foreigners"..... check other postings can't seem to link the thread for you. Was the pool deck w/out enough chairs?

I did not have a problem finding a chair by the pool and I was fairly late in going out to the pool.

Archived