For all those who have booked or are going to book the AOS - read this!

ckrobyn

Hey can we keep this on the first page...it a while to find it:p...........ok i asked this question somewhere else but since this is THE page for aos, ill ask here too....when is the best time to board the AOS, i will have late check out at my hotel and want to go when the lines are shorter....

Also how do i make reservations for the mystery dinner?

thanks............

By the way where is Toonjie, he doesnt visit here anymore:(

Good thing we still have Robyn...

Personally, I like to arrive at my ship (lol!) as early as possible - several times we have been the first onboard! So, having said that - we usually arrive around 9:45am with coffee in hand and just hang out and build the excitement until the terminal doors officially open at around 11:30am (assuming the previous cruise has no debarkation issues).

I think you still need to wait until you board to make a res for the Murder Mystery dinner - but check cruise enhancements on RCI website and see if you can do it through there yet?

Yah - where has Toonjie been??? :rolleyes:

The post previous to this one....was.......the......

2000th post!!!!!

I didn't know that one little "rant" would lead to a thread that has remained popular and informative for so long!:D:D

hey that was me:D....ok ill check the website.....thanks robyn...more questions to come later....as the day gets closer i get more restless...im having trouble putting up my countdown clock...ill get it sooner or later..:)

Personally, I like to arrive at my ship (lol!) as early as possible - several times we have been the first onboard! So, having said that - we usually arrive around 9:45am with coffee in hand and just hang out and build the excitement until the terminal doors officially open at around 11:30am (assuming the previous cruise has no debarkation issues).

I think you still need to wait until you board to make a res for the Murder Mystery dinner - but check cruise enhancements on RCI website and see if you can do it through there yet?

Yah - where has Toonjie been??? :rolleyes:

Toonjie has been renovating his basement and getting flooded out by all this rotten rain here in the Northeast! :( He has been dreaming of sailing the AOS however! :) Oh, and the kids are out of school and no longer the government's responsibility 8 hours a day. :rolleyes:

Toonjie has been renovating his basement and getting flooded out by all this rotten rain here in the Northeast! :( He has been dreaming of sailing the AOS however! :) Oh, and the kids are out of school and no longer the government's responsibility 8 hours a day. :rolleyes:

Toonj!!!!!! Great to see you here again, you have been missed :p

I hope the renovations are going well, but be sure to pop by here once in a while okay?

We are sailing on the AOS in September and wonder if anyone has copies of the Aruba itinerary Cruise Compass they would be willing to share.

A generous CC poster (thanks Snowbuddy!) just emailed me Compasses from the May 17th (Aruba Itin.) sailing. My email address is temporarily in my signature. If you are still looking for these, email me and I will try to send you my copies.

The only thing bad about an AoS cruise is the pier location in San Juan. I wish it was on the old town side so you could walk off and on and tour old San Juan.

Anyone who has to fly to a cruise port might as well cruise from San Juan because they can do a 7 night southern Caribbean itinerary.

As a result, you meet a lot of nice people from the mid west who cruise from San Juan.

A generous CC poster (thanks Snowbuddy!) just emailed me Compasses from the May 17th (Aruba Itin.) sailing. My email address is temporarily in my signature. If you are still looking for these, email me and I will try to send you my copies.

the original thanks for that goes to jefarl, who sent them to me when I asked for them!

Anyone who has to fly to a cruise port might as well cruise from San Juan because they can do a 7 night southern Caribbean itinerary.

As a result, you meet a lot of nice people from the mid west who cruise from San Juan.

It cost us basically the same to fly from st louis to san juan as it would to go to Miami (seriously, less than $2 total difference in the cost), so we figured, why not?!

I just emailed you as I am looking for these as well :)

Nanner10, I Just sent you an e-mail. Let me know if you don't get it. Thank you so much!

Hi Nancy,

I just sent you an e-mail hoping you would also send me copies of compasses. :)

Thanks!

Gerry

Thanks for the highlights! It's disappointing to see so many shows at 7 pm BEFORE late seating... We love the shows but take late seating to squeeze as much time out of the daylight as possible so we prefer the shows after dinner.

Have you gotten any updates on the luggage at the airport if you use the Valet?

For those who may be interested, I posted a list of the Compass Highlights for the Adventure Aruba Itinerary cruise. They are fairly current: May 17 2009.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1018066

I am sailing 7/12/09 (Aruba) and after my cruise I will report back if there are any significant changes.

Thanks Nanner :D

Anna - you are so very welcome! :D

I think by now everyone knows that the AOS is my all time favorite ship in the RCI fleet ;)

I am also thrilled to announce that I am going to doing a B2B in March!!! I am very excited to be able to experience each itinerary! This will be my 3rd B2B on the AOS and it gets better every time :)

I am interested in hearing from anyone who has been to Dominica.....not sure what to do there? I will check it out on the Ports of Call board too.

Happy Sailing!

One of the very best excursions we've ever done was in in Dominica. We took a whale-watching catamaran tour. Not only were the baby whales we saw magnificent, the view of the island from the cat. was spectacular. It was relaxing, enjoyable, safe, fun, scenic, and exciting! There are several companies that do this tour. Ours was run by a company called The Anchorage Scuba and Snorkeling something. Just do a search on Dominica Anchorage Whale watching and you should find it.

Archived