For all those who have booked or are going to book the AOS - read this!

ckrobyn

You mean you actually go to bed? :rolleyes:

I always stay up on CC until the cab gets here to pick us up. :D

That would be the day my alarm does not go off so I take no chances. :eek:

I could not sleep anyway, so why try.

Smooth sailing. ;)

Alexis - in my old age (43) I start to freak out if I don't think I will get enough sleep!!!!!

You really stay up all night???? :eek:

I have the taxi company giving me a wake up call, and we have 3 alarms set in the house so we should be ok.

Thanks for your good wishes for smooth sailing :)

Hey Robyn, have a great time. My cruise on Independence was very good. I need to find some time to write about it on a thread. I really like the Freedom class ships but I would have no problem going back to the Voyager class ships at all. One of our ports of call was San Juan and Adventure kept creeping into my mind that day. The day before we got there it almost felt like the end of our cruise was coming as I am so used to our cruises finishing there! Fortunately, we had a few more days left. And having the extra day, as this was an 8 night cruise, was so nice. One more day made such a difference.

Anyway, have a great week aboard Adventure and a safe trip to and from San Juan.

When did you cruise?

Glad you are back safe and that you had a good time :)

There is something about the AOS that gets into your system....and then you are hooked ;)

I can't wait to get on my favorite ship this Sunday - it's like going home :D

Alexis - in my old age (43) I start to freak out if I don't think I will get enough sleep!!!!!

You really stay up all night???? :eek:

I have the taxi company giving me a wake up call, and we have 3 alarms set in the house so we should be ok.

Thanks for your good wishes for smooth sailing :)

In your old age? :rolleyes: You are still a sprout. ;)

[i]When did you cruise?[/i]

Glad you are back safe and that you had a good time :)

There is something about the AOS that gets into your system....and then you are hooked ;)

I can't wait to get on my favorite ship this Sunday - it's like going home :D

We were on Indy the week of Feb 20-28. She is a beautiful ship but Adventure sails much better itinerarites with the exception of them being 7 nights instead of 8. And you are right, stepping aboard Adventure is like going home.

We were on Indy the week of Feb 20-28. She is a beautiful ship but Adventure sails much better itinerarites with the exception of them being 7 nights instead of 8. And you are right, stepping aboard Adventure is like going home.

I was on the Freedom for the first time last August - and while it was a novelty to be on a Freedom class ship - my preference is still Voyager class :D

I have 14 nights to look forward to now - except as strange as this may sound.......10 days would have been just perfect :rolleyes:

Robyn, from sunny Puerto Vallarta, I'm sending you my wishes for a great cruise. Hope the weather is as pleasant as it is here. And I would expect that this is a great time for being in the southern Caribbean. :D

Gerry

Hi All

Does anybody know who the CD might be on the 2 May cruise? I have read some "not so good" things about Mercedes on these boards and secretly hoping it might not be her!!

Thanks

Sue

Hi All

Does anybody know who the CD might be on the 2 May cruise? I have read some "not so good" things about Mercedes on these boards and secretly hoping it might not be her!!

Thanks

Sue

So far we only have the list from LauraS that goes up until the end of March as far as I know.

There are a couple of lists on that thread but they are not correct according to other posters. They are old lists that someone changed the dates on. :confused:

Below is the latest schedule of CD's available right now.

LauraS will put up the new one as soon as she gets it from RCCL.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1129205&highlight=cruise+director+listing

I just looked and this is what this January to March schedule says:

ADVENTURE -

Chris Northey - until 1/31

Mercedes la Fuente - from 1/31 until 3/21

Casey Pelter - from 3/21 until 4/2

So far we only have the list from LauraS that goes up until the end of March as far as I know.

There are a couple of lists on that thread but they are not correct according to other posters. They are old lists that someone changed the dates on. :confused:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1129205&highlight=cruise+director+listing

ADVENTURE -

Thanks for that. Guess we will just have to wait and see.

ADVENTURE -

I wish she'd hurry up and find out since we are on the cruise right after Casey Pelter leaves. Not that I know what any of these CD's are like because we've never sailed RCI before!;):)

I wish she'd hurry up and find out since we are on the cruise right after Casey Pelter leaves. Not that I know what any of these CD's are like because we've never sailed RCI before!;):)

Well, look at the bright side, at least Casey Pelter will be off of the ship. I have no good feelings for him.

Well, look at the bright side, at least Casey Pelter will be off of the ship. I have no good feelings for him.

OK well that's good to know I guess. So let's see - Casey Pelter and Mercedes la Fuente are CD's to potentially avoid on future cruises. Got it!

OK well that's good to know I guess. So let's see - Casey Pelter and Mercedes la Fuente are CD's to potentially avoid on future cruises. Got it!

Don't know anything about Casey but we just got off the ship and yes, I'd say Mercedes is one to avoid if you can. I don't think I heard a word out of her mouth that I hadn't heard from another CD on another RCI ship in the past (and this was only our 4th RCI cruise). We enjoyed the week but will have to address some issue prior to booking again.

Ckrobyn - thank you so much for this thread! :) It convinced us to book on AOS! Quick question for you - I saw from a search I did that I think you have stayed in GS1574? We are booked in that cabin and are so excited. How did you like it? My one concern is noise from the pool deck above. Was this an issue? Do you know what specifically is over head the cabin?

Thanks again for such a great thread...My DH and our 2 DDs are really looking forward to AOS!

Ckrobyn - thank you so much for this thread! :) It convinced us to book on AOS! Quick question for you - I saw from a search I did that I think you have stayed in GS1574? We are booked in that cabin and are so excited. How did you like it? My one concern is noise from the pool deck above. Was this an issue? Do you know what specifically is over head the cabin?

Thanks again for such a great thread...My DH and our 2 DDs are really looking forward to AOS!

I think Robyn is still on AOS until tomorrow.

Actually she's on a B2B so she won't get off until next week - the lucky lady! 22 more days for me though! I so can't wait!

I thought she was doing a B2B but I lost track of time. I thought this was her second week. I would say that I HOPE she is having a good time but I am SURE that she is!

Hi guys!

I am onboard the Adventure and having a fabulous cruise! I am on again next week :) Looking forward to all new ports this year!

Mercedes Lafuente is an excellent CD - the Quest last night was hilarious - and she did an amazing job with the Love and Marriage show.

Kaybeee - you are crazy!!!! Thanks for the door sign that awaited me when I boarded!!! :p:p

Ship is in great condition - normal wear and tear, but nothing out of the ordinary. Flat screen TV in our JS :D Not all cabins have them yet...

DeDe (Concierge) is awesome as usual - she is looking forward to the 6 months the ship will be in Europe so she can be closer to her family.

LOTS of no smoking areas on the ship - way more than there ever has been. No more smoking allowed in any bars on the Promenade. Very limited smoking area on the pool deck too :)

I will do a full recap of my B2B when I return home.

Now it is off to dinner....and then I can watch the suitcases being placed outside the cabin doors....but not mine!!!! :D

Kaybee - I just read your comments on Mercedes as CD....that's too bad :( She is on her game this week for sure.

I also heard from DeDe that last week was INSANE with all the spring breakers - did that influence your cruise???? This week there were literally no spring breakers at all.

I hope you did not have serious issues.....?

Kaybee - I just read your comments on Mercedes as CD....that's too bad :( She is on her game this week for sure.

I also heard from DeDe that last week was INSANE with all the spring breakers - did that influence your cruise???? This week there were literally no spring breakers at all.

I hope you did not have serious issues.....?

I can't believe you are posting on CC from your cruise! :) Will Dede still be on in 3 weeks? How about the CD? Who will that be in 3 weeks? If you can find out those answers I'd be grateful!

Keep her in great shape for us! I'm getting more excited by the minute!

Archived