For all those who have booked or are going to book the AOS - read this!

ckrobyn

[quote name='ckrobyn']Theresa - did you have to pay for paper docs? It said on the website that a fee would apply.

Once you are under 100, the time will fly by! :D[/quote]

Yes, I paid extra for the paper docs. I like to put some of the stuff in my scrapbooks after the cruise.

I know! My roommate got some packing aides from Magellan's for the cruise. She gave me some trial samples of Nantucket Briar from Crabtree & Evelyn that I'm taking on the cruise with me. Can't wait to pack them!

[quote name='Ocean Boy']I was going to ask the same thing about the paper docs. I used to look forward to the spiral book showing up but it isn't worth the $35.00 that RCI wants fo them.[/quote]

It is a bit steep, but for my scrapbooking it's worth it. Adds a nice touch at the beginning of the albums.

So where are you at in RI? We're in Braintree, MA.

[quote name='ukx0101'][quote name='Teeara']We've got 14.5+ inches here in Braintree, MA. Still windy and sticky snow. Ugh! Not looking forward to shoveling.

14.5 inches? Dear me... the UK came to a total standstill over a few inches!
Just think, all that shovelling burns more cals so you can enjoy all that cruise food all the more ;)[/quote]

Just found out one of the towns about 5 miles from here got 23 inches of snow. Glad I don't live there anymore!

Shoveling snow also is not my preferred way to burn more calories! I'll take the treadmill any day. At least you aren't freezing AND roasting while working out on the treadmill.

[quote name='Teeara']It is a bit steep, but for my scrapbooking it's worth it. Adds a nice touch at the beginning of the albums.

So where are you at in RI? We're in Braintree, MA.[/QUOTE]

We live on the South coast. However, when I was a kid we lived on Nantucket. So when you mentioned Nantucket Briar in an above post it got my attention. What is that? I have never heard of it.

Sometimes I wounder why I spend all of this money on cruising when the beautiful ships of the Steamship authority are far more economical.;):D:D:D

[quote name='cruzfiend']I requested paper docs, but thus far no one has said anything about me paying extra for them:confused: I wonder when and if I'll get them:o[/quote]

If you booked through RCCL it will show on your registration page. You should also have been charged for them when you signed up for them. It would've been added to your cruise total. Not sure when you will receive them since I haven't sailed RCCL for 4 years and don't remember the timing for receiving paper docs. But being 40 days out you should definitely check because I would think you would've received them by now.

[quote name='Ocean Boy']We live on the South coast. However, when I was a kid we lived on Nantucket. So when you mentioned Nantucket Briar in an above post it got my attention. What is that? I have never heard of it.

Sometimes I wounder why I spend all of this money on cruising when the beautiful ships of the Steamship authority are far more economical.;):D:D:D[/quote]

We love RI. We usually do WaterFire once or twice a year and love spending time in Newport and Bristol (we love going to Blithewold and Linden Place).

Nantucket Briar is a scent that is offered at Crabtree & Evelyn. It is my favorite. Here's some info on it: [URL]http://www.crabtree-evelyn.com/eng/categories/collections/nantucket-briar[/URL]

Theresa

[quote name='ckrobyn']Are you kidding me???? $35 for paper docs??????
I'll stick with E-docs and spiral bind them myself ;)[/quote]

Robyn -- Can you give a "comparison" in quality between the RCCL paper docs & the Edocs? And what about the luggage tags (compared to those with the paper docs)? I too liked them for scrapbooks .... but the $35 may be better spent onboard or in ports not yet decided. My TA said she'd print the Edocs ... or will order the paper when she's back on 1/3/11 ... Ideas welcome! Mare

[quote name='rupertfrog']Robyn -- Can you give a "comparison" in quality between the RCCL paper docs & the Edocs? And what about the luggage tags (compared to those with the paper docs)? I too liked them for scrapbooks .... but the $35 may be better spent onboard or in ports not yet decided. My TA said she'd print the Edocs ... or will order the paper when she's back on 1/3/11 ... Ideas welcome! Mare[/quote]

Mare - the difference between paper docs and e-docs is basically the little spiral bound book :o The content is almost exactly the same, and if you print the 35 or so pages of the e-docs in color, it makes for a nice booklet that only needs one staple to put it all together! I too loved the spiral bound book, but I don't want to pay $35 for it when I can download the same thing for $0 :D

The luggage tags will be sent to you pre-printed with your names on them just as they would have been with paper docs. You will receive 8 pre-printed luggage tags, and if you want more you can click the order luggage tags tab twice (but then they will cut you off!)

If you really want the paper docs as a momento for your scrapbook, go ahead and do it......if scrapbooking is your hobby, then the $35 will be well spent :)

Wow, I absolutely love sailing out of PR. It is a fun place and we enjoy it everytime we go. We even booked to stay there and not cruise. We had a blast and we don't party and drink, but had a wonderful time. We also met great people there. Why people are worried, I can't understand it. :confused:

[quote name='ckrobyn']Mare - the difference between paper docs and e-docs is basically the little spiral bound book :o The content is almost exactly the same, and if you print the 35 or so pages of the e-docs in color, it makes for a nice booklet that only needs one staple to put it all together! I too loved the spiral bound book, but I don't want to pay $35 for it when I can download the same thing for $0 :D

If you really want the paper docs as a momento for your scrapbook, go ahead and do it......if scrapbooking is your hobby, then the $35 will be well spent :)[/quote]

I agree with Robyn. You can print them in color. I just don't like the quality and it doesn't look "right" to me for scrapbooking purposes.

Of course, I'm also the one who spends a couple of hundred dollars on all the ship photos for my albums vs. booze, so to each his/her own.

My albums will last a lifetime. Can you say the same about the booze? :rolleyes:;):D

[quote name='rupertfrog']Robyn -- Can you give a "comparison" in quality between the RCCL paper docs & the Edocs? And what about the luggage tags (compared to those with the paper docs)? I too liked them for scrapbooks .... but the $35 may be better spent onboard or in ports not yet decided. My TA said she'd print the Edocs ... or will order the paper when she's back on 1/3/11 ... Ideas welcome! Mare[/quote]

Mare, here's a sample of how I use the paper docs and my SeaPass card. I will also cut out shore excursion descriptions and put them in the album as well.

[URL]http://share.shutterfly.com/action/welcome?sid=0BbM2zho5YsWOZ[/URL]

Theresa

[quote name='Teeara']Mare, here's a sample of how I use the paper docs and my SeaPass card. I will also cut out shore excursion descriptions and put them in the album as well.

[URL]http://share.shutterfly.com/action/welcome?sid=0BbM2zho5YsWOZ[/URL]

Theresa[/quote]

Nice work Theresa :) I wish I had the creativity (and the patience!) to be a scrapbooker!!! All my cruise stuff is saved though......just not all in one place!!!!! LOL :eek:

[quote name='ckrobyn']Nice work Theresa :) I wish I had the creativity (and the patience!) to be a scrapbooker!!! All my cruise stuff is saved though......just not all in one place!!!!! LOL :eek:[/quote]

Thanks!

I've been scrapbooking for 14 years now. For the last 8 years I've pretty much been focusing on my cruise albums. I usually do 2 albums per 7 night cruise. But my Scandinavia/Russia cruise takes the award...10 nights and SIX albums! I had two albums that were strictly two days of St. Petersburg! Lots of fun, but glad when I finished them. I'm putting the finishing touches on a 3 volume set for my Alaska cruise in 2008.

As for organizing your cruise memorabilia, this is what I do. When I go on a cruise I take along an expandable wallet that I put small paper items in (post cards, receipts, invitations to dinner or M&M meetings, etc.). I also take along a 10x13 padded envelope that I put all my Compasses in. Lastly, I take an 11x14 heavy cardboard envelope for any shipboard photos I buy. When I get home I transfer everything to a plastic tote with hanging file folders. That is what I take with me when I go scrapbooking.

You might want to pull everything together and put them in some 10x13 envelopes, label the envelopes with the cruise date, ship name and location. Then put the envelopes into a cardboard box you can get at any office supply place. You can then put the cardboard box in a closet or someplace else for safekeeping.

Just a thought...:rolleyes:

Theresa

[quote name='Teeara']Thanks!

I've been scrapbooking for 14 years now. For the last 8 years I've pretty much been focusing on my cruise albums. I usually do 2 albums per 7 night cruise. But my Scandinavia/Russia cruise takes the award...10 nights and SIX albums! I had two albums that were strictly two days of St. Petersburg! Lots of fun, but glad when I finished them. I'm putting the finishing touches on a 3 volume set for my Alaska cruise in 2008.

As for organizing your cruise memorabilia, this is what I do. When I go on a cruise I take along an expandable wallet that I put small paper items in (post cards, receipts, invitations to dinner or M&M meetings, etc.). I also take along a 10x13 padded envelope that I put all my Compasses in. Lastly, I take an 11x14 heavy cardboard envelope for any shipboard photos I buy. When I get home I transfer everything to a plastic tote with hanging file folders. That is what I take with me when I go scrapbooking.

You might want to pull everything together and put them in some 10x13 envelopes, label the envelopes with the cruise date, ship name and location. Then put the envelopes into a cardboard box you can get at any office supply place. You can then put the cardboard box in a closet or someplace else for safekeeping.

Theresa[/quote]

Sounds very tempting and not all that difficult to do!
I like the idea of bringing along a heavy cardboard envelope for pictures - mine always end up dog eared from being placed in between clothes inside the suitcase! :eek:

[quote name='ckrobyn']Sounds very tempting and not all that difficult to do!
I like the idea of bringing along a heavy cardboard envelope for pictures - mine always end up dog eared from being placed in between clothes inside the suitcase! :eek:[/quote]

[SIZE=3][COLOR=purple]I always buy a scrapbook on board and then put the photo's I purchased between the pages. When I get home I sort out everything by day including my best photos from my camera. I then give it all to my daughter and even though she has a special needs 3 yr old daughter and a 5 yr old son she makes me this fabulous scrapbook. She just gave me my Oasis scrapbook for Christmas it is my favorite gift.[/COLOR][/SIZE]

[quote name='Teeara']Thanks!

Theresa[/quote]

Theresa --WOW!!! that looks much more involved than what I do .... I use photo albums and include those materials in them. I put all my digital photos in by island in the order of the sailing in these same albums .... It is usually 2 albums for a 7day cruise. I usually just had an envelope for the small paper items; get a shipboard photo holder (cheap cardboard style) & put all purchased photos there --- put will try the cardboard envelope this time. On my Carnival Cruise we did get the Carnival album (was cheap with a photo purchase) & put the pics in that for travel.

Great tips! Much appreciated .... feel free to share other pages at your leisure liked what you did on the one you shared.

[quote name='rupertfrog']Theresa --WOW!!! that looks much more involved than what I do .... I use photo albums and include those materials in them. I put all my digital photos in by island in the order of the sailing in these same albums .... It is usually 2 albums for a 7day cruise. I usually just had an envelope for the small paper items; get a shipboard photo holder (cheap cardboard style) & put all purchased photos there --- put will try the cardboard envelope this time. On my Carnival Cruise we did get the Carnival album (was cheap with a photo purchase) & put the pics in that for travel.

Great tips! Much appreciated .... feel free to share other pages at your leisure liked what you did on the one you shared.[/quote]

Hi Mare,

Here's a link to v1 of my Mariner cruise to give you an idea of what my albums look like:

[URL]http://marinerscrapbook.shutterfly.com/[/URL]

Theresa

[quote name='Lorey2007'][SIZE=3][COLOR=purple]I always buy a scrapbook on board and then put the photo's I purchased between the pages. When I get home I sort out everything by day including my best photos from my camera. I then give it all to my daughter and even though she has a special needs 3 yr old daughter and a 5 yr old son she makes me this fabulous scrapbook. She just gave me my Oasis scrapbook for Christmas it is my favorite gift.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/quote]

That sounds like a wonderful arrangement! I'm sure she really enjoys doing it for you.

Sounds very tempting and not all that difficult to do!

I like the idea of bringing along a heavy cardboard envelope for pictures - mine always end up dog eared from being placed in between clothes inside the suitcase! :eek:

I've been using the same cardboard envelope for nearly 8 years now. It's just one of the kind you get at the post office. It does a great job protecting the photos and fits nicely in the luggage.

I've been using the same cardboard envelope for nearly 8 years now. It's just one of the kind you get at the post office. It does a great job protecting the photos and fits nicely in the luggage.

I am definitely going to get one tomorrow - I have the day off work and I need to start the pre-cruise shopping ;) Actually....started tonight at Walmart :D

CKROBYN, I was hoping I can book the same cruise as you on the AOS, you are so passionate about this ship:D We had reserved back in 2009 but had to cancel and I just re-booked her for 03/27/11...so i will be here asking questions and looking forward to you review & pictures!

CKROBYN, I was hoping I can book the same cruise as you on the AOS, you are so passionate about this ship:D We had reserved back in 2009 but had to cancel and I just re-booked her for 03/27/11...so i will be here asking questions and looking forward to you review & pictures!

Hey Cookie :) I would love to have met you onboard - maybe another time? In any case, glad you are cruising on the BEST ship in the RCI fleet :D

Feel free to use this form to ask as many questions about the AOS as you have! There are so many of us who are passionate about the ship, the itinerary and of course the outstanding crew - and we are always happy to answer.

I can't promise a review as I do not write them very often anymore, but I can definitely promise you picures! In fact, if you want to see a whole bunch of AOS pictures now - feel free to check out www.webshots.com and do a search under ckrobyn and you will find almost all of my cruise pictures posted :)

Hey Cookie :) I would love to have met you onboard - maybe another time? In any case, glad you are cruising on the BEST ship in the RCI fleet :D

Feel free to use this form to ask as many questions about the AOS as you have! There are so many of us who are passionate about the ship, the itinerary and of course the outstanding crew - and we are always happy to answer.

I can't promise a review as I do not write them very often anymore, but I can definitely promise you picures! In fact, if you want to see a whole bunch of AOS pictures now - feel free to check out www.webshots.com and do a search under ckrobyn and you will find almost all of my cruise pictures posted :)

Robyn --- Thanks for sharing the pictures of our ship! Loved it especially right after completing my Online Check-in!

Archived