For all those who have booked or are going to book the AOS - read this!

ckrobyn

Were staying at the comfort inn for one night prior to cruise, is there a beach near (next day) or a cool bar for that night. Is senior frogs near. just curious , thanks in advance.

Yes! The good thing about the Comfort Inn is that it's so centrally located to everything. It's kinda on a little side spit of a back street from the main road but you just walk right up to Ashford Ave and the beach is right there! It's literally a one or two minute walk, maximum. Once you're on the main road there are plenty of indoor/outdoor restaurants - we like to go to this place called Cafe Del Angel. It has really authentic Puerto Rican food and strong drinks (really strong:p ) and it gets pretty busy in there at night. Down the street a little further is a similar bar/restaurant (I can't remember the name but it's open 24/7 and there's always someone out front passing out menus - they also have menus for that place and Cafe Del Angel in the lobby of the Comfort Inn).

If you go the other way on Ashford there are even more bars and restaurants. It's a really, really long street and I definitely burned off all the vegetarian mufongo that I ate by walking up and down the street hitting up all the random little bars and cafes.

Laura - How's married life treatin' ya??? :D

Yes, I am really excited about my cruise(s)!! 2 weeks from right now I will be at the Marriott Stellaris eagerly anticipating boarding the AOS!

I need to get through the next 2 weeks though......going through some issues at work....so I am quite sure I will be READY for vacation when the time comes!!!!!:rolleyes:

Married life is fun! We're planning our 1 year anniversary cruise already and a mediterranean cruise for next summer. Teehee....I guess the whole anniversary thing is a great excuse for a vacation! Hey that stinks about work but it makes you appreciate vacation even more! You will be on the AOS soon! I'm a little jealous! :D

Hey guys. My first cruise will be on AOS September 21st-28th. My family from PR contacted us saying they were going on this cruise and asked if we wanted to go (we live in PA). We jumped at the chance. We are flyin in the 19th and staying till October 4th or 5th. I'm 22 years old and I can't wait for this trip. The only thing is that my friends are all in school when this trip comes around and I can't afford a interior by myself so I decided to bunk with my parents who got a balcony. I'm saving myself big bucks by doing this, I just wish single interior weren't so expensive. Anyway, I wanted to know if anyone was going to be on this cruise. I might sign up for the meet & mingle but I'm not sure. A huge part of my family is going but I don't plan on hanging out with them the whole cruise(i hope not!! haha) thats why I rather meet new people on the cruise. lol Has anyone signed up for the meet & mingle before? is it really lame or worth it?? lol

-Nicole

Hey guys. My first cruise will be on AOS September 21st-28th. My family from PR contacted us saying they were going on this cruise and asked if we wanted to go (we live in PA). We jumped at the chance. We are flyin in the 19th and staying till October 4th or 5th. I'm 22 years old and I can't wait for this trip. The only thing is that my friends are all in school when this trip comes around and I can't afford a interior by myself so I decided to bunk with my parents who got a balcony. I'm saving myself big bucks by doing this, I just wish single interior weren't so expensive. Anyway, I wanted to know if anyone was going to be on this cruise. I might sign up for the meet & mingle but I'm not sure. A huge part of my family is going but I don't plan on hanging out with them the whole cruise(i hope not!! haha) thats why I rather meet new people on the cruise. lol Has anyone signed up for the meet & mingle before? is it really lame or worth it?? lol

-Nicole

-Nicole

Nicole - the only real way to know who you are cruising with before you cruise, is to sign up for the M&M and start chatting. You may just find that there are some younger folks on your sailing, and you will get a head start meeting them online before you board :)

Travelling as a single in a cabin is expensive for sure. If you can cope with staying in your parents cabin, then you can save that extra money for souvenirs and excursions. The AOS stops at some of the best duty free shopping ports in the Caribbean....I'm sure you will have no problem spending the money you save by staying in your parents cabin!!!!

-Nicole

Hey Nicole come on over to the Roll call of this cruise there are several of us already chatting about this cruise. Unfortunately for you you most of us are older not that were not fun, LOL, we are thinking of doing some fun things to meet such as a Poker Run. Would love to see some young people to join in as well as your parents.

Wow! What's this thread doing way over on page 6!!??

I just happened to think of a question and didn't know if it had been discussed or not.

When any of you have sailed on the AOS.....has the Concierge Lounge been open on night one? Last summer when we were on.....it was not open the first night. This has been the only Concierge Lounge that we have known NOT to be opened on the first night. We were not happy campers that night. Just wondering if this was the norm......does anybody know?

Wow! What's this thread doing way over on page 6!!??

I just happened to think of a question and didn't know if it had been discussed or not.

When any of you have sailed on the AOS.....has the Concierge Lounge been open on night one? Last summer when we were on.....it was not open the first night. This has been the only Concierge Lounge that we have known NOT to be opened on the first night. We were not happy campers that night. Just wondering if this was the norm......does anybody know?

That's a good question.....and I don't have the answer!!! LOL :p

Last year I didn't try to go in the Lounge on night one, but 2 years ago I did, and if I remember correctly - it was open.

That seems odd it wasn't open for you on the first night? I'm sure there were a bunch of thirsty, miffed passengers waiting at the door!!!!:rolleyes:

Well this is buried again.....but only on page three this time!

Seems like I read somewhere that someone else said that the CL wasn't open on the first night. (Or maybe I dreamed it!) I was hoping some recent cruisers could shed some light on that.

So...Robyn....when you're on in a couple of weeks.....be sure and check that out for me and let me know. Thanks!

Well this is buried again.....but only on page three this time!

Seems like I read somewhere that someone else said that the CL wasn't open on the first night. (Or maybe I dreamed it!) I was hoping some recent cruisers could shed some light on that.

So...Robyn....when you're on in a couple of weeks.....be sure and check that out for me and let me know. Thanks!

I sure will. In fact I will be looking to visit the Lounge on the first night. I need my Zinfandel before dinner :)

9 sleeps 'til San Juan

10 sleeps 'til I board my favorite ship!!!!

For anyone who needs questions answered, specific pictures taken, cabin information or wants copies of the compass, or menu's - please let me know!!! :D

9 sleeps 'til San Juan

10 sleeps 'til I board my favorite ship!!!!

For anyone who needs questions answered, specific pictures taken, cabin information or wants copies of the compass, or menu's - please let me know!!! :D

Robyn, can you find out if the concierge will be emailing me 5-7 days out before I sail?

thanks

Robyn, can you find out if the concierge will be emailing me 5-7 days out before I sail?

thanks

If you are sailing in a GS or above - you will receive a letter from the Concierge (or at least I did when I sailed in GS 1324). It's pretty exciting when you get it in your inbox - makes the cruise seem so real!

Is there particular information you are looking for? Maybe I can help you with it?

If you are sailing in a GS or above - you will receive a letter from the Concierge (or at least I did when I sailed in GS 1324). It's pretty exciting when you get it in your inbox - makes the cruise seem so real!

Is there particular information you are looking for? Maybe I can help you with it?

that's the one....did you get an attachment with the spa services too?

Want to make sure the wife gets a hair appointment and a spa appointment ..... keeps us happy;)

that's the one....did you get an attachment with the spa services too?

Want to make sure the wife gets a hair appointment and a spa appointment ..... keeps us happy;)

I thought I had saved the email I received from the Concierge....but I guess not. From memory, I don't recall seeing a spa service list - but don't quote me on that. I will ask Dee Dee (Concierge) when I see her in 10 days. I will let you know when I return. I am going to try and log in here "live" while I am onboard, but if the connection is as slow as everyone says it is - my posts will be few and far between!!!

Hi Robyn,

Can you let me know if you meet a bartender by the name of Mladin (sp?) he is usually known as "big m". We met him on the Serenade and while on the Liberty in September we were told he was moving to the Adventure. He was working in the Schooner bar on the Serenade.

Have a great cruise...

Thanks.

I thought I had saved the email I received from the Concierge....but I guess not. From memory, I don't recall seeing a spa service list - but don't quote me on that. I will ask Dee Dee (Concierge) when I see her in 10 days. I will let you know when I return. I am going to try and log in here "live" while I am onboard, but if the connection is as slow as everyone says it is - my posts will be few and far between!!!

Ask Dee Dee if she will be there in May (18th).....I remember a couple of years ago on the Explorer that the concierge had emailed us with a spa price list too.

good luck on the LIVE broadcast

also....have to know which bar makes the best mojitos:D

thanks

Hi Robyn,

Can you let me know if you meet a bartender by the name of Mladin (sp?) he is usually known as "big m". We met him on the Serenade and while on the Liberty in September we were told he was moving to the Adventure. He was working in the Schooner bar on the Serenade.

Have a great cruise...

Thanks.

Hi Maggie,

I will definitely ask around for Mladin - if he is on the AOS, I will find him for you :p

Ask Dee Dee if she will be there in May (18th).....I remember a couple of years ago on the Explorer that the concierge had emailed us with a spa price list too.

good luck on the LIVE broadcast

also....have to know which bar makes the best mojitos:D

thanks

I tried a mojito on the Mariner in November, and although refreshing....it wasn't my thing :rolleyes: having said that, my best friends loves them, so I will ask her to case out which bar makes them the best!!!!

I will ask about the spa list. In case it is not included with the email, I will pick one up for you :)

Hi Maggie,

I will definitely ask around for Mladin - if he is on the AOS, I will find him for you :p

Thanks Robyn. Two weeks on the AOS....you must be so excited...will you do a live post?

I am getting really excited. I love all RCI ships, but the AOS is my all time favorite!!!

We did 2 weeks last year and loved it :) Kinda nice when Saturday night rolls around and all the suitcases are outside the cabins....and we don't need to start packing for another week!!!!

Maggie - sorry I didn't answer your question about whether or not I will do a live post while onboard.

I love reading live posts when I am landlocked - so I would love to give back to everyone on CC, but I know the connection is really slow and it will drive me, and everyone waiting for my posts/responses crazy! I am not taking my laptop this time, so I will be relying on RC Online to post.

I do promise to check in while I am away - and hopefully answer any questions. I am encouraging anyone who wants info on the AOS to give me their questions now, and I will answer them when I return.

Hi Robyn. We will be on AOS in July with some family members. This cruise will be some folks first one and others first RCCL cruise. We all are looking forward to July. DH and I will be in our first aft balcony. :eek: Enjoy your b2b cruise. I hope one day to do a b2b.

Hi Robyn. We will be on AOS in July with some family members. This cruise will be some folks first one and others first RCCL cruise. We all are looking forward to July. DH and I will be in our first aft balcony. :eek: Enjoy your b2b cruise. I hope one day to do a b2b.

What a great ship/itinerary for a first cruise! :)

Which aft balcony do you have booked? You have a lot to look forward to!!!

I wasn't sure if we would love the whole B2B thing - but after doing it on the AOS last year......7 nights just seemed so short! LOL ;)

Archived