For all those who have booked or are going to book the AOS - read this!

ckrobyn

David Cato at the pool....10-4

I am going to try a pre-cruise report Sun morning. Taking the notebook puter.

Who was your waitstaff?

Honestly, I can't remember their names :( :rolleyes: On some cruises I have waiters that I will never forget because the service is so amazing! On my last AOS cruise in March, the service was good - but not all that memorable.

Try and give us a report from SJ if you can!!!!

Honestly, I can't remember their names :( :rolleyes: On some cruises I have waiters that I will never forget because the service is so amazing! On my last AOS cruise in March, the service was good - but not all that memorable.

Try and give us a report from SJ if you can!!!!

I have a hard time remembering the waitstaff/room stewards and other names.....that is one reason to take the computer, I take notes daily (at least try) 'cause I start forgetten stuff:eek:

Will try to leave a SJ report before we head out:D to the ship

As soon as we took our very first cruise back in 1985 (Miami to Nassau' date=' San Juan, and St. Thomas) we knew that the only way to do the Caribbean and get to the best islands would be from a San Juan departure. SO....our next cruise....that's what we did and have done that many, many times since. If I had it to do over again, and if I were you.....I'd go right for the best. You'll love the Adventure and be addicted to cruising. Hope that helps![/size']

Thank you and CKROBYN for your replies! I think that might be the way to go for us. :)

I'm thinking about booking our second cruise on the AOS. I have two to choose from and would like some help. I have never been to any of these places.

Aruba, Curacao, St. George, Dominica, St. Thomas

or

Aruba, Curacao, St. Maarten, St. Thomas

Any information I would love. We are taking our two kids with us so if there is something good for them to do please tell me. Thanks Angel

Angel......Personally.... I would like the Aruba, Curacao, St Maarten, St. Thomas route. Lots to do in all of those ports. That's the route we are taking next month. Can't wait to get back to those islands and we were just there in December.

txskier.......Are you in a GS or above. If not.....the concierge will not e-mail you. Let us know if the CL is open on Sunday night. In the past, it hasn't been, and that makes me sad. Only ship that I know of that does that!

Robyn, little disappointed that the concierge did not email us.

Guess I will have a couple of mojitos to get over it:D

Hmmmmm :rolleyes: I know DeDe always sends an email to those in GS and above, but I think she is still on holidays. Not sure if Carmen from Guest Relations that is the Concierge while DeDe is away, also sends those letters? In any case - you are going to have a spectacular cruise and please have a mojito for me too - ok?? :p

Angel......Personally.... I would like the Aruba' date=' Curacao, St Maarten, St. Thomas route. Lots to do in all of those ports. That's the route we are taking next month. Can't wait to get back to those islands and we were just there in December.[/size']

txskier.......Are you in a GS or above. If not.....the concierge will not e-mail you. Let us know if the CL is open on Sunday night. In the past, it hasn't been, and that makes me sad. Only ship that I know of that does that!

The CL was not open on Sunday night when we were there in March :o

Angel......Personally.... I would like the Aruba' date=' Curacao, St Maarten, St. Thomas route. Lots to do in all of those ports. That's the route we are taking next month. Can't wait to get back to those islands and we were just there in December.[/size']

Thanks for your help. Have you ever been to Dominia?

txskier.......Are you in a GS or above. If not.....the concierge will not e-mail you. Let us know if the CL is open on Sunday night. In the past' date=' it hasn't been, and that makes me sad. Only ship that I know of that does that![/font']

10-4 we are in a GS

txs.....Then since the regular concierge is not on board....that's probably why you didn't get your e-mail. You'll still get great services in the CL, though.....no worries. Just make sure you let them know that we want the CL open on Sunday nights!!!

Angel.......I have not been to Dominica but I have been to Casa De Campo. St. Maarten and St. Thomas are your best bets.

txs.....Then since the regular concierge is not on board....that's probably why you didn't get your e-mail. You'll still get great services in the CL' date=' though.....no worries. Just make sure you let them know that [b']we want the CL open on Sunday nights!!![/b]

Angel.......I have not been to Dominica but I have been to Casa De Campo. St. Maarten and St. Thomas are your best bets.

The only problem I have with going with the one that goes to St Maarten and St.Thomas is that it only goes until Apr 19 at the moment and I need to go in like May. If I go in April it will cost me more on that cruise then the other one. So I still don't know what I'm doing.

Does anyone know if AOS still has a separate pool for children under 3? The website says yes, but I thought I somewhere that it had been closed.

There is a kids pool area with a small waterslide and a shallow wading pool. As far as I am aware, this pool is for "toilet trained" kids only, not for those under 3 that are not trained. If I am wrong maybe someone will come in here and correct me? Many parents with toddlers under 3 get frustrated because there is nowhere for their children to swim or splash. Some people bring their own blow up pools for that very reason.

Angel.....Are both cruises on the Adventure? Or are you talking about another ship? Where is St. George? Is that Grand Cayman or where? How much more expensive are you talking?

It is Grenada. Yes both of them are on the Adventure of the Seas. There is like a 800 dollar different. That is alot of money when you have two kids and it takes you all year to save for it.

We sailed on AOS on May 4th. The concierge for now is Carmen and she will be there until the end of May, when she will take off to get married!

We had a GS and she e-mailed us the week before we sailed. She is a lovely person and very willing to help. We had not received our stockholders OBC and she had that resolved for us. Our cruise was great with the exception of the variety of options for dinner. What used to be nightly alternate choices i.e. salmon, chicken breast, steak etc., are now part of the regular menu. We went to Portofino's twice and it was outstanding. The crew is friendly, and the ship is so well maintained. We went to Aruba, Curacao, St. Thomas and St. Maarten. Hated to get off the ship:(

If this has been asked in the previous pages, I'm very sorry. The search is not working so it may be buried in the previous pages.

Would ya'll recommend AOS for a first cruise? We really are interested in the Southern itinerary so we thought we'd try it, but wanted opinions on whether we should either do a different one either for a newer ship or just a different itinerary. Any thoughts?

I agree with Robyn. Our first cruise was on Explorer and that is why we became cruise crazed. We just sailed on AOS on May 4th and the ship is WELL maintained. It in no way looks old. I highly recommend this beautiful ship.

We have sailed on many RCC ships and AOS was on par with the best. Have a wonderful time:)

Angel....Is that $800 per person? I didn't know that Adventure was going to do Dominica and Grenada. The only thing is those islands just aren't as kid friendly as the others. They are OK but not ones that I want to go back to (unless it's an $800 pp difference)! ;)

I agree with Robyn. Our first cruise was on Explorer and that is why we became cruise crazed. We just sailed on AOS on May 4th and the ship is WELL maintained. It in no way looks old. I highly recommend this beautiful ship.

We have sailed on many RCC ships and AOS was on par with the best. Have a wonderful time:)

Lou - have they started the anytime dining on the AOS yet? :confused:

Angel....Is that $800 per person? I didn't know that Adventure was going to do Dominica and Grenada. The only thing is those islands just aren't as kid friendly as the others. They are OK but not ones that I want to go back to (unless it's an $800 pp difference)! ;)

I think its the Seranade that goes to Dominica and Grenada, not the AOS. The Adventure does the southern route to Aruba and Curacao and has in the past done the southerly-eastern route to Barbados, St Lucia and Antigua. Both itineraries also include St. Thomas and Saint Maarten.

I don't know the ages of your kids, but I'd take them to Aruba and Curacao. Our kids (15 and 12) had a blast on the Jolly Pirates in Aruba and the beach in Curacao. Then also enjoyed the beach at Trunk Bay on St. John (St. Thomas port) and the America's Cup sailing in Saint Maarten.

The link for our recent AOS cruise is below in my signature listing. Enjoy your cruise!

I think its the Seranade that goes to Dominica and Grenada, not the AOS. The Adventure does the southern route to Aruba and Curacao and has in the past done the southerly-eastern route to Barbados, St Lucia and Antigua. Both itineraries also include St. Thomas and Saint Maarten.

I don't know the ages of your kids, but I'd take them to Aruba and Curacao. Our kids (15 and 12) had a blast on the Jolly Pirates in Aruba and the beach in Curacao. Then also enjoyed the beach at Trunk Bay on St. John (St. Thomas port) and the America's Cup sailing in Saint Maarten.

The link for our recent AOS cruise is below in my signature listing. Enjoy your cruise!

AOS has an intinerary w/ Grenada and Dominica for 2009

Sunday May 18th Departure day:D

We made to SJ yesterday and landed at 325 local time.

We were sitting on the left side of the aircraft and had an excellent view of OSJ, El Morro, all the hotels on the waterfront.

We stayed at he Courtyard Isla Verde. Excellent beach. Everyone here is friendly:D They gave us two coupons for rum drinks:D Mojitos ofcourse:D

We took a 20 dollar taxi to the Hilton to see some friends of ours who are joining us on the cruise. Man, the Hilton is a HUGE resort. No beach like where we are.....but it is a true resort. I would consider staying there too.

I woke up at 430 this morning (Sunday May 18th) and sat on the balcony drinking coffee and listening to the waves and an occasional plane leaving.

I finally had to stir around and make a little more noise around 6 to get DW moving.

Time to get cleaned up and go eat breakfast and get to gettin

this free internet is virus crazy, later

Archived