For all those who have booked or are going to book the AOS - read this!

ckrobyn

ok folks, if you are talking about the late night piano player, it is Mike Mccabe...he is awesome!!

we recognized his face and name from our previous Celebrity cruise in '05...and he didn't dissappoint on the AOS either!! :)

he is one talented guy!!

Marsha

ok folks, if you are talking about the late night piano player, it is Mike Mccabe...he is awesome!!

we recognized his face and name from our previous Celebrity cruise in '05...and he didn't dissappoint on the AOS either!! :)

he is one talented guy!!

Marsha

Great to know! Thanks for sharing :D

he is one talented guy!!

Marsha

Thanks Marsha, Your're right, just got my email from Marcus. We had alot of fun singing along!

he is one talented guy!!

Marsha

Thanks for the info!

Theron

We are leaving on the AOS on 10/26. Does anyone know if they will be showing the World Series onboard?

Thanks,

Pat

So you see, you will just have to book a cruise every October, to ensure that the Phillies make the WS! ;)

I can't say with any authority, but I suspect that they will do everything they possibly can to get this on a screen somewhere.

Have you seen our roll call thread? Stop by and join in! Never too late!

Theron

he is one talented guy!!

Marsha

Marsha: Is this like the really fun sing-a-long piano bars on Carnival? I would be so psyched if it was! What bar is it in? Does it get rowdy? Fun rock n roll sing a long? I couldn't find anything like this on NOS when we cruised on RCI in 2007 (just Shane on guitar in the Two Poets Pub, but they made him stop when it got just a little crazy ("Who the *&*^ is Alice!")

We'll be on AOS in April. Do you think Mike will be there for that long?

Not to disappoint any here, however we were on AOS 10/5 and know Mike McCabe from other ships we have seen him on. In speaking with him he said he only had 2 weeks left after ours, so he probably won't be there. He also said he had not planned on signing back for a while, as he was going to take a break from the ships for a while. He is very talented, however it seems most of the similar entertainers we have seen from other ships that they book are pretty much the same type of entertainment for the Schooner bars.

Not to disappoint any here, however we were on AOS 10/5 and know Mike McCabe from other ships we have seen him on. In speaking with him he said he only had 2 weeks left after ours, so he probably won't be there. He also said he had not planned on signing back for a while, as he was going to take a break from the ships for a while. He is very talented, however it seems most of the similar entertainers we have seen from other ships that they book are pretty much the same type of entertainment for the Schooner bars.

I must have missed the Schooner bar on my last RCI cruise (my only previous RCI cruise). I will keep my expectations on the low side, but will definitely check it out!

Oh bummer, looks like we'll be breaking in a new one... Maybe that means we can let him know what it's "supposed" to be like... :D

Theron

So you see, you will just have to book a cruise every October, to ensure that the Phillies make the WS! ;)

I can't say with any authority, but I suspect that they will do everything they possibly can to get this on a screen somewhere.

Have you seen our roll call thread? Stop by and join in! Never too late!

Theron

Theron,

Thanks for the response.

I like the way you think, now if only my wife would agree::D

News flash - DeDe (our amazing Concierge) is going on holidays at the end November, but will return to the AOS around January 25/09. Just in time for my cruise

Oh no, I wonder who the concierge will be for Dec 21st... do you think they will close down the CL because they are short staffed.... yee gads:eek:

Or maybe they will just have it open and a "free for all" LOL

News flash - DeDe (our amazing Concierge) is going on holidays at the end November, but will return to the AOS around January 25/09. Just in time for my cruise

Oh no, I wonder who the concierge will be for Dec 21st... do you think they will close down the CL because they are short staffed.... yee gads:eek:

Or maybe they will just have it open and a "free for all" LOL

The alternate Concierge on past cruises has been Carmen from Guest Relations. Carmen is really nice, if it is her - you will like her :) Although no-one can replace our DeDe!

I agree, well said. I am not Puerto Rican but I cannot understand why people must always sterotype individuals. You are right people of every nationality can be rude, boisterous etc. and make you not want to be around them. I will not allow these types of people spoil my fun. I wonder if these people are wondering about other people too. Maybe they should charter a yacht then they can control who comes aboard.

We will be sailing on AOS 12/21/08 and I understand they have a lobster night. Can anyone tell me when is lobster night? Have reservations at Portofino on Friday 12/26 and I am hoping it is not lobster night. If it is lobster night than I will change my Portofino's reservation.

Thanks

We will be sailing on AOS 12/21/08 and I understand they have a lobster night. Can anyone tell me when is lobster night? Have reservations at Portofino on Friday 12/26 and I am hoping it is not lobster night. If it is lobster night than I will change my Portofino's reservation.

Thanks

Better start thinking of changing. Friday night is chef's dinner night w/ fisherman's platter. Lobster.

• 2 weeks later...
We have an upcoming cruise on AOS with our 8 and 6 yo adventerous daughters. What excursions would you recommend - we are going to Aruba, Curaco, St. Marten, and St. Thomas.

Thank you!

I would suggest when you are in Aruba to hop in a taxi at the port and go to Palm Beach for the day. Palm Beach is where the highrise hotels are, so there are lots of amenities (restrooms, restaurants, water sports etc). We love Palm Beach and visit each time we are in Aruba,

In Curacao, you may want to check out the Curacao Sea Aquarium - they also have dolphin encounters which I'm sure the kids would love.

In St. Maarten we always rent our own jeep for the day and head to the beach, so I can't recommend an excursion there.

Happy Cruising! :)

I would suggest when you are in Aruba to hop in a taxi at the port and go to Palm Beach for the day. Palm Beach is where the highrise hotels are, so there are lots of amenities (restrooms, restaurants, water sports etc). We love Palm Beach and visit each time we are in Aruba,

In Curacao, you may want to check out the Curacao Sea Aquarium - they also have dolphin encounters which I'm sure the kids would love.

In St. Maarten we always rent our own jeep for the day and head to the beach, so I can't recommend an excursion there.

Happy Cruising! :)

Thank you so much! Who do you rent from in St. Maarten and which beach do you go to?

Thank you so much! Who do you rent from in St. Maarten and which beach do you go to?

I also forgot to mention that we cruise with our 11 yr old DD :D So I know what it's like to want to keep your kids occupied/engaged/busy!!!!

We always rent from Hertz right at the port in St. Maarten. There are other independant car rental places that will try and wave you over - but we always rent with Hertz and have never had an issue. We go straight to Mullet Bay Beach - it is an absolutely magnificent beach with soft powdery sand and crystal clear water. There is also not a whole lot of nudity like you may find at Orient Beach :rolleyes: There is a small bar and a place for lunch as well. It will take you about 25 minutes to get there and is located near the airport which is pretty neat - the kids can see the planes close-up!

Hello Again

I need info from the experts, which are all of you. We will be on AOS for the 12/21 cruise. We have selected Bernard's Tours while we are in St Maarten. One of the stops on Bernard's tour is Orient Beach with an alternative beach called le Galion beach. My questions are:

1. Has anyone used Bernard's tour before? Please share knowledge.

2. Has anyone been to le Galion beach? Please share knowledge.

3. What water sports are at Orient Beach and leGalion beach?

I thank you in advance for all your wonderful input and advice.

Archived