St. Thomas Known for.....LINEN?

caribbeanchickie

Hi all,

A friend of mine freaked out when she heard I was going to St. Thomas :rolleyes:

She mentioned that St. Thomas is the place to buy great linens.

Has anyone heard of this? I know it's the place to buy jewelery but I haven't heard about Linen's.

Any info would be appreciated.

Thanks

Yes, linens are duty-free in St Thomas, and there are several stores that carry them.

Mr. Tablecloth on Main Street is probably the most well-known. Most of theirs are imported from China, and they have everything from coasters (I think they were 12 for $6.95), bottle holders ($2.50?), some clothes to huge tablecloths.

There's a new store now in Yacht Haven Grande - Natural Home, and that's my favorite (not that I have yacht bucks, but I like nice linens). Their linens are from Turkey, and are a better quality. She even has linens made from bamboo yarn, and the towels I bought are way superior to any other towel I've ever had.

In Havensight there's Omni Linens. In Palm Passage in town, there's another one, but I'm not 100% certain of the name. I go in there all the time for their $5 silk tank tops! They run really small, though.

Yes, linens are duty-free in St Thomas, and there are several stores that carry them.

Mr. Tablecloth on Main Street is probably the most well-known. Most of theirs are imported from China, and they have everything from coasters (I think they were 12 for $6.95), bottle holders ($2.50?), some clothes to huge tablecloths.

There's a new store now in Yacht Haven Grande - Natural Home, and that's my favorite (not that I have yacht bucks, but I like nice linens). Their linens are from Turkey, and are a better quality. She even has linens made from bamboo yarn, and the towels I bought are way superior to any other towel I've ever had.

In Havensight there's Omni Linens. In Palm Passage in town, there's another one, but I'm not 100% certain of the name. I go in there all the time for their $5 silk tank tops! They run really small, though.

WOW, Thanks for that info.:D

Do you remember what a Tablecloth made in Turkey would cost from Natural home?

Purr, I went to Natural Home yesterday (what a gorgeous store!); 100% cotton w/embroidery seating 10 was $145, $175 for lace edge (she called it something else, though) made from washable silk and cotton (beautiful!) was $175, and linen/cotton seating 10 was $165 or $175 seating 12.

You've got to see them if you're interested in linens!

Archived