Navigator Jan 7 Eastern Caribbean power outage

cruisegal919

I certainly agree re: calling Reception. Also, I would be most surprised in Capt. John McNeill was not telling you what was happening. He is very good at this.

On the New Yr's cruise, our last port was Key West. We were scheduled to sail at 5pm. Sometime before 6pm the Capt. announced that a "check" had to be completed...by 7pm additional announcements sounded as though we had a clutch problem without a clear estimate of whether/when it could be fixed. Capt stated that other plans would have to "evolve" if it could not. A little after 8pm he announced that we would be under sail by 8:30pm and we were. I wonder if these 2 events are some how related or independent of each other.

Thanks for the replies - was asking CC only because we were not getting much info from the ship’s staff. The front desk said it was a massive power issue that took out all power to the ship. I asked again today and they repeated the same information. All seems back to normal, the air conditioning issues seem to have been fixed and all appears good. Captain McNeill was very informative during the outage, letting us know we shouldn't worry, that they'd have power back shortly and there was nothing to worry about. All issues seem to have been cleared by the end of the second day. It was just a bit unnerving to be drifting for 3 1/2 hours at night without power but all is great now and it’s back to the wonderful Regent Cruise experience.

Know what you mean about "drifting". It happened to us on the Navigator on an inaugural cruise. Capt. said it was nothing to worry about- "just a test". Then it happened again - this time he said nothing!! But it's a strange feeling to be adrift in the middle of the Atlantic with no power. Seems as if the problem with power is nothing new to Navigator.

Jean

Similar thing happened to us, when a generator fire :eek: caused a power outage. I stepped outside onto our balcony and saw the most beautiful starry sky! Living as we do with constant interference from city lighting we forget how awe inspiring a truly dark, clear night is. I sat out there for an hour and enjoyed a wonderful celestial display of shooting stars:D

Archived