London Travelodge

lhall85917

I've been reading on this board about saver rates at the Travelodges. I've found some available at the Southwark Travelodge which opens the day we arrive (June 6)!:eek: Based on putting in our booking info our total for the 3 nights would be $148 euros. Is this in a convenient area for the typical tourism activities? We plan on doing the HOHO bus, have booked a Eurostar trip for one day and will be coming in from Gatwick.

We would love some advice on which area of London to stay in, which area to bid with Priceline or any other advice you may have based on our information above.

The new Travelodge is on the south side of the river. Its quite close to London Bridge Station where regular trains run to Gatwick so its convenient in that respect and is about 300m from Southwark Underground only two stops from Westminster/Big Ben etc.

The area used to be lots of warehouses, but has been substantially redeveloped in the last decade or so. Especially the area by the river just to the north where its very atmospheric. The Tate Modern, Shakespeare's Globe Theatre, St Paul's Cathedral and the London Dungeon are all within 10-15 minutes walk. The HOHO buses pick up at the London Dungeon at London Bridge. Immediately around the hotel and especially south of it is residential area, where I wouldn't personally want to walk alone at night, but there is no need to wander in this direction

Archived