Costa Fortuna formal nights

vol3820

What do the kids generally wear? We have two boys, 12 and 17.

Are the "formal nights" the two nights the ship is at sea? If not, how do you find out when they are?

How "formal" are most people on the Costa Fortuna?

Thanks!!

you will see everything from tuxedos and gowns to nice cocktails dress and men in Suits. Some of the guys will also wear a nice sports coat. I have been cruising for several years and it seems that most anything goes no adays.

some people such as myself love to get dressed up and other dont, its all a personal choice. I was on another Costa ship 2 years ago and did notice that people tend to dress up a little more due to the number of european passengers onboard the ship.

If you wish not to get dressed up you can always go to the buffet for dinner on those evenings if you feel uncomfortable.

its always nice to have a picture taken of the family all dressed up tho!!! how many times does that happen now a days..

enjoy your cruise

Sorry I did forget to answer that there are 2 formal nights. also dont forget the toga party its a BLAST!! the kids will love it, you might even see that 17yr old smile!!! oh that age, sorry have 2 boys and I remember the age well...

Hi, there's 2 formal nights. My son brought a suit 2 dress shirts and 2 ties. However he decided his favorite black band t-shirt with his black suit looked much cooler. Most of the passangers young and old agreed! Great photo too! My daughter dresses up in coctail dresses and hair done up. Not a problem for her, she enjoyed dressing up!

I saw passengers dressed from anything as formal as a tux to sport jackets to kaki's. I think the majority were mostly on the formal side and less on the casual! Hope it helps!

Hi, there's 2 formal nights. My son brought a suit 2 dress shirts and 2 ties. However he decided his favorite black band t-shirt with his black suit looked much cooler. Most of the passangers young and old agreed! Great photo too! My daughter dresses up in coctail dresses and hair done up. Not a problem for her, she enjoyed dressing up!

I saw passengers dressed from anything as formal as a tux to sport jackets to kaki's. I think the majority were mostly on the formal side and less on the casual! Hope it helps!

For Carnival last year and the year before, we brought a pair of black Dockers, two dress shirts and 2 ties for our son. He fit in just fine (11 and then 12 yo).

From what I've read, Costa doesn't require formal dress unless you want to. I think the line was "It's your vacation and you should do want you want to". I read it in the Today posted by abitaturbodog

a tip for kids (works for us geezers, too): check ebay for very inexpensive formal wear. i've bought several formal ensembles for next to nothing. you'll be amazed at how much positive feedback you get for bringing up such gentlemen on the ship. think of the nice photos, too.

i have a black-and-white houndstooth dinner jacket with a black shawl collar hanging in my closet that i got on ebay. got lots of compliments, but i've lost a lot of weight and it no longer fits. :(

We always get one sport coat or suit for our boys with 2 shirts and 2 ties. Nice dockers/khakis with a button-down shirt and tie looks really cute! Our DD loves to get dressed up, as an earlier post said...girls are easier for formal nights I think!

Always remember to mix and match! One pair of black slacks, 2 different colored shirts and 2 different ties can go a long way! If you're not opposed, check out Wally world (aka walmart). Great for buying nice looking kids stuff that they may never have to wear again!

Have fun!

I have the same 2nd question that hasn't seemed to be answered yet..... which nights are the "formal nights"?? The "at sea" nights? (on a 7 day cruise)

I pulled Andys Formal/Theme night thread back up and he was very good with details (Don't know how to pull a quote out of another thread yet). Hope this helps. :)

Here's a list of theme nights & dress codes:

Night 1 - Casual

Night 2 - Formal (Welcoming Gala Night)

Night 3 - Casual (Mediterranean Night)

Night 4 - Casual (Italian Night - encouraged to wear Red, White & Green)

Night 5 - Casual (Tropical Night)

Night 6 - Formal (Farewell Gala Night)

Night 7 - TOGA, TOGA, TOGA!!!! :D (what more can I say!?)

Keep in mind that on the first night you may wear the clothes in which you came onboard, especially if you have early seating. Although they do the best to distribute the luggage as soon as possible, it may happen that you don't have your luggage yet by the time you have to go to dinner. If you want to change, you may want to put a set of clothes in your carry on.

Wow!!! that was so cool! :D Ok, loved this, even a girl with 8-tracks can still learn something new!! Thank you!

What do the kids generally wear? We have two boys, 12 and 17.

Are the "formal nights" the two nights the ship is at sea? If not, how do you find out when they are?

How "formal" are most people on the Costa Fortuna?

Thanks!!

Just got back from Fortuna. Very casual for formal nights. My son is 17, wore short sleeved white shirt, and black cotton pants and running shoes. My daughter 13 wore a black poly skirt and T shirt and flip flops!!

I thought I read somewhere that they feed the kids in the kids clubs on formal nights.....that way the parents can have a "dress up adult" night.

Do many kids go??? I guess I was thinking they wouldn't come if they had a choice!

We did a cruise a couple of years ago, and they whined and complained about their shirts and shoes most of the night....if they can opt out...I am sure they will....LOL

Archived