Lazy Day at Progrso info needed

2talltim

i am taking the kids down in march on the RC Granger of the Seas....honestly all we want to do here is get off the boat and be lazy on the beach not really interested in shopping or partying...to be honest we will be on a extreme budget my parents bought our tickets and we have no extra money...

what i like to know is will it be possible to spend a few hours at a beach (free preferably)get back on the ship for lunch then maybe head back to the beach or just go for a walk to see the locals....or do we have to go to one of these beach resorts......the reason i ask is because we thought we could do this in costa maya a couple years ago and found out there wasnt any public swimming beach acces there

Just got off the Grandeur. There is not a beach just off ship. There is a dock area that has some shops and a little bar with a couple small pools and a volleyball net. That is all in walking distance just off the ship. From the ship to the little town the pier you are on is about 8 miles long so you have to take a shuttle bus. They were free and go back and forth all day I was told. The beach is right at the end and on the left, you will see it and they have a pool too that I saw. Just be careful if you decide to walk around on your own from there. Some people can be pushy, it is a poor area. I would just stay at the beach area. Some others on here might have more info........

The pier is maybe 5 miles long, but there are free shuttle buses to town.

The beaches are free, but if you use any of the facilities (including lounge chairs), they expect you to buy something. On the other hand, Progreso isn't so developed cruise tourist wise, so it won't cost you an arm and a leg.

There is nothing to stop you from taking some beach towels from the ship and laying on those on the beach if that is what you choose.

There is a $2 pp double-decker tour bus you can catch and take a 30 minute tour of the area.

Zydecocruise has some pictures posted from a recent stop in Progreso.

http://www.zydecocruiser.com/fantasy_c_07/progreso/p.htm

Don't be scared in Progreso, we've been there two times and no problems ever!!! First time we hung at the beach with our kids. It was nice, we ordered lunch and they brought it to our beach chairs/table. The next time it was just adults and we choose to wonder and shop on foot. We stumbled upon the fresh meat market and that was an unforgettable expericience!! This time I think we might do the cheap tour everyone is talking about, wonder around a bit and hang at corona beach. Have fun!!

Easy to do nothing in this port. Grab the free shuttle to town, walk 2 or 3 blocks to the beach, bring you towels from the ship and pick a spot. Food and drinks are cheap, but you don't have to buy anything. You can go to and from the ship whenever you want.

This is a neat port although I have seen several negative reviews. I guess that some people don't like "Real Mexico". We have done this stop 3 times and I would go back tomarrow if Ginger D would let me.

Don't be scared in Progreso, we've been there two times and no problems ever!!! First time we hung at the beach with our kids. It was nice, we ordered lunch and they brought it to our beach chairs/table. The next time it was just adults and we choose to wonder and shop on foot. We stumbled upon the fresh meat market and that was an unforgettable expericience!! This time I think we might do the cheap tour everyone is talking about, wonder around a bit and hang at corona beach. Have fun!!

can u just go to corona beach on your own or do you have to buy the excursion from the ship? How expensive are the drinks?

can u just go to corona beach on your own or do you have to buy the excursion from the ship? How expensive are the drinks?

The pier is maybe 5 miles long, but there are free shuttle buses to town.

The beaches are free, but if you use any of the facilities (including lounge chairs), they expect you to buy something. On the other hand, Progreso isn't so developed cruise tourist wise, so it won't cost you an arm and a leg.

There is nothing to stop you from taking some beach towels from the ship and laying on those on the beach if that is what you choose.

There is a $2 pp double-decker tour bus you can catch and take a 30 minute tour of the area.

Zydecocruise has some pictures posted from a recent stop in Progreso.

http://www.zydecocruiser.com/fantasy_c_07/progreso/p.htm

Thank you so much for sharing your photos! They were fantastic!!:)

Archived