NCl Room Service Breakfast Menu

mishdoyle

Hi mtncouple,

Just had to tell you I love your Dogs! I have two boxers as well very cute:)

Thanks! I love them. We got one last week from Boxer Rescue. He's a wonderful guy! I've had many boxers in my lifetime.:)

I really enjoy the room service but its nice to have the coffee makers in the rooms too. But I tend to let mine get cold before I drink it all so I have a plug in warmer that I bring since there are no micrwaves. Also bring my french vanilla:p

I will let you know when we return from Princess but my understanding is, Princess is very much like NCL and most lines, no hot food unless you have a suite. HAL does offer hot breakfasts. My only problem with hot breakfast in the cabin, unless you have a balcony it is more bother than it is worth the eat it.

Nita

princess is just like ncl...hot breakfast items are only available for suites (VS and above). Some have reported success by writing in desired item by name...

We bring our Dunkin Donuts, French vanilla/hazelnut coffee and make it in the room. You can smell it all the way down the hall. It is the best way to start the day!!! We keep the half and half in the refrig and lov it.

Can you ask for extra pod packs?

Will room service bring a container of half and half? We like a lot :)

I too like a lot of half and half. I asked our steward straight off on the first day of our two week Pearl cruise. Our refrigerator was always stocked with more half and half than we could use.

I'm not sure what you mean by "pod packs" however it you mean coffee, again ask your steward. We really liked coming back to our room in the afternoon and enjoying a nice hot cup of coffee. I really don't like the room service or dining room coffee - I just can't get used to it. However, I really like the Folgers I make in our room.

And, although you did not ask, at the end of our cruise, since our steward was always so accommodating, we gave him an extra tip. Those guys and gals work so hard yet Ronald was never too busy to help us out and always greeted us everytime we met up in the hallway.

Can you ask for extra pod packs?

Will room service bring a container of half and half? We like a lot :)

Yes, they'll bring as many as you'd like, either high-octane or decaf.

I asked for extra half and half at breakfast and they brought a pile of the plastic things. I know that Carnival Corporation ships are doing away with those for ecological reasons but NCL still uses them.

Half and Half isn't written on the breakfast card so I wrote it in. We ordered rolls, too, and butter isn't listed on the card so I wrote it in.

(Pod-paks -- I'm sure there's another name for them -- are the crimped, pre-filtered coffee packs that you drop into the filter holder. You never see the coffee grounds and it doesn't make a mess when you take it out to discard it. I prefer regularly filtered coffee, or to use two of those pods per pot.)

Jana

The penthouse breakfast on Freestyle 1.0 offers hot food-- I don't know how more extensive the offerings will be with the revisions to food services. In terms of hot food, the hang-on-door menu only lists scrambled eggs, oatmeal, bacon, pancakes, hasbrowns (I think that is it). You can also (supposedly) choose the type of yoghurt you get although we never got what we asked for (it became a joke amongst the kids... gee mom this pineapple yoghurt takes like strawberries). However.... we discovered late into the cruise that the butler will also deliver hot items from the main dining room breakfast. After confirming this with the butler (I wish he had volunteered this, but he tended not to volunteer any information at all) we "wrote in" our request for eggs benedict and waffles. No problem and wayyyyy better than the scrambled eggs. Before this, I would run to the buffet for omeletes while we waited for the butler to show (and the butler knew this, which makes me wonder why he didn't tell me that he could bring them). I LOVED (beyond words) having a full hot breakfast sitting on the balcony with hubby and kids. On our next cruise we have a mini-suite and I despair the loss of this perk.

Since we have our first Penthouse suite coming up, I'm wondering what the breakfast choices will be. I know we can eat bkfast in Cagney's but wonder if that can be delivered as room service?

:) have a great day!

What ever you like :D welcome to the penthouse life. But it must be on a menu some where. or not . Have fun.

Are they the little 4 cup ones? Do they give you coffee grounds and filters....or ?

What about half & half and Splenda?

Yes..on the Dawn a few weeks ago there was splenda, sugar, nutra sweet etc. and 2 small ( 1 Tbl. each) containers of half and half along with 2 pks of reg. Folgers and 2 decaf. that were prepackaged in a filter. If you like more cream ask room steward to leave more. I think there was tea also. It was a 4 cup coffee maker.

I brought my own coffee but forgot the filters! I brought a small container of powdered hazelnut Coffeemate for our coffee.....it made a decent latte.

You could also bring half and half from the buffet and keep in the fridge.

Happy cruising!

Winnie

• 7 years later...

We went on the Regal in December and wrote in paragraphs of extras on the breakfast card. Everything was delivered and MORE! I did tip them every time, not sure if that helped. Will try the same thing on the Epic April 12th. For me, my breakfast on the balcony is sacred! Fingers crossed!

I will let you know when we return from Princess but my understanding is, Princess is very much like NCL and most lines, no hot food unless you have a suite. HAL does offer hot breakfasts. My only problem with hot breakfast in the cabin, unless you have a balcony it is more bother than it is worth the eat it.

Nita

Does Princess, Hal, and other lines have a Room Service Delivery Charge? Just Wonering.

Although this is a resurrected 7 yearold thread, no, Princess does not charge for room service except a $3 fee for pizza.

They tried to implement a small room service on Regal when she entered service last year but it was reversed after 3 or 4 days.

We went on the Regal in December and wrote in paragraphs of extras on the breakfast card. Everything was delivered and MORE! I did tip them every time, not sure if that helped. Will try the same thing on the Epic April 12th. For me, my breakfast on the balcony is sacred! Fingers crossed!

Did you notice that breakfast card is seven years old??? Do you really expect the breakfast card to be the same now?

We tried writing in items from the 24-hour menu and did not get them.

You are limited to whatever is on the latest breakfast card.

• 6 months later...
The breakfast room service menu on Princess looks pretty similar, as I recall. However, on Princess you can often write in hot items and they will arrive (or at least we have had good luck with that.) Has anyone tried that on NCL??

I was on the Ruby Princess in July 2015 and menu was pretty much the same. But included a breakfast sandwich. Wasn't bad.

I have written hot menu items on the Regal Princess menu, EVERYTHING was always delivered. This did not work on the NCL Epic. In general I found the service superior on the Regal. Can't wait for my next Princess cruise!