Roll Call-Vantage Budapest To Amsterdam(8-29-08)

Dehaven

Hi - You will be pleased with the Odyssey. Great ship, great crew and tour directors and great food. We went from Amsterdam to Budapest in 2005. Wonderful trip. So impressed with Vantage that we did the China/Yangtze trip last May and going again with Vantage on the Greece tour with the 48 passenger motor yacht this coming May. No complaints just good things to say. Willard

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Dehaven, we're on the Odyssey leaving Budapest 8/29 as well! and it's our first river cruise too. We've done small ship cruising (Greek Islands) but this will be a first and I can't wait. Also can't wait to hear from youy.....we're from Long Island, New York and have been to Phoenix and have friends in Green Valley, where in AZ are you from? Also I'm assuming from your avatar that you're a cat person......us too. Are you booking an extension in Budapest or Amsterdam?

:D We are from Prescott at 5400 feet.Great weather most of the year.No extreme heat like Phoenix. This is our first small boat trip other than when "I" was on a destroyer long ago.

No cats here I just like the expression.

We have friends from when we lived in Holland so are extending for a week to stay with them.

We were in NYC (actually stayed in NJ) for a Canada/New England cruise in Oct 2003.

Looking forward to making your acquaintence.

It is a cute expression! Is Prescott near Flagstaff? We were there too. Actually we did the Phoenix, Grand Canyon-Phoenix drive in March about 4 years ago when the ALA convention was in Phoenix. Loved it. Especially waking up in Flagstaff in a raging snow storm, driving 4 hours on the Interstate and spending the rest of the afternoon in the pool in Phoenix.

This is our first river cruise and only our second cruise. You 've been on a lot of big ships, I see, we'll have to talk about them over coffee on the Odyssey! Other cruise we took was with Louis Hellenic on the Perla in 2006 from Athens for 7 days to Istanbul and the islands. It was fantastic. We went on a 17 day tour of France in Sept., 2007 and still cringe at the thought of getting on a bus! Tour was fantastic but it's going to be a while before we book another 17 day bus tour! Can't wait to meet you....by the way I'm of Dutch ancestry!:D

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived