How many formal nights for a 6 night cruise?

momofmeg

We finially booked a cruise and made a decision. We decided we would go for the HAL cruise to Turk and Caicos and the private island. It is on the Westerdam and as we could not go until April and HAL's ships reposition from the caribbean during April.

So I am wondering-do you think there will be 2 formal nights and one informal night? or possibly just one of each?

Didn't know that HAL did 6 nighters..however on the 7 night cruises

they have two formal nights and the rest are now smart casual..

no informal nights at all

Bon Voyage!

I know-this is not "usual" for HAL-which is why I am wondering.

I am just going to contact the travel agency-though I am guessing it will be in the docs. This cruise is in April and as HAL repositons most of their ships in April from the caribbean-(maybe all?) I think this is why. It does 3 ports instead of 4 ports. My guess is with the repositioning cruise later that month that they had to cut this cruise down-but since I am only missing Jamaica I could care less. I do not want to go back there anyway.

I would like to have one formal night and one informal night-but HAL has done away with the informal. One gal on the roll call thinks there will still be two formal nights. I sort've hope there will be as my hubby will probally not want to take his tux for just one night.

• 2 months later...
Janie, there will be two. No informals anymoe, just casual.

We are on the Westerdam next month for a rare 3 night cruise and are looking forward to it as we enjoy HAL.

Yes, I saw your roll call post when I was posting on my roll call-you were the last person who had posted on your roll call so I had to look! you are on the cruise after me! I will be sure to wave to you as I exist ship. LOL!

It is nice that HAL gave a couple of shorter crusies to make of the differance in days since the ship is repositoning to Alaska for the summer.

How about five night cruises? One formal?

I have done only one 5 night and that was Celebrity Zenith. We had one formal night and one informal night. I wore dressy cocktail dresses both nights and my hubby took one suit and wore differants shirts and ties with his suit.

Archived