E209 on Golden Princess - Opinions Needed!

Lizard2278

Hi Everyone!

I just put cabin E209 on hold for the Alaska sailing of the Golden Princess in June. According to the deckplan of the ship, the cabin doesn't seem like a bad option - seems that there's no lifeboat in the way of the window or anything like that.

Has anyone stayed in either E209 or E210 on the Golden, or any of the sister ships, that can help definitively answer the question about whether this cabin is worth it?

Thanks so much in advance, your help is so much appreciated!

Liz

Hi Everyone!

I just put cabin E209 on hold for the Alaska sailing of the Golden Princess in June. According to the deckplan of the ship, the cabin doesn't seem like a bad option - seems that there's no lifeboat in the way of the window or anything like that.

Liz

I had those rooms on the xmas cruise of '06! My daughters were in one and I was in the other- they are identical, jus ton opposite sides. There is a life boat but it doesn't obstruct your view at all. People can look up into your window from the walkway down below, but it doesn't really get much traffic. I'd say get it! We were on the Dawn two weeks ago in an inside room and we went through cabin shock because the room was so dinky compared to what we had in room 209 (or was it 210?). So, I'd say book it- after all we stayed there and liked it!

• 1 year later...

Also booked for this cabin for Alaska 2010! I would like to see a picture from inside the cabin of either e209 or e210 Golden (or Star) Princess. I see from the huge exterior photo it is just a piece of metal obstructing the view. It doesn't look very obstructed at all! Thanks for any help!

• 2 weeks later...
Also booked for this cabin for Alaska 2010! I would like to see a picture from inside the cabin of either e209 or e210 Golden (or Star) Princess. I see from the huge exterior photo it is just a piece of metal obstructing the view. It doesn't look very obstructed at all! Thanks for any help!

Did you notice that this was posted 2 years ago?

I did notice it was posted 2 years ago, but thought perhaps anyone 'searching' e209 or e210 would come across it and maybe post a photo. It seems the least obstructed of the obstructed! My son just came off the Island Princess (10 days in a balcony) and an obstructed view (all I can afford) seems to be worlds away from the pleasure of a balcony. Thanks for answering me....at least I don't feel invisible! :)

I had already checked out your photos a ways back and spent a lot of time at webshots enjoying ALL of your pix! Your obstructed album cut off at e212 which someone I am traveling with has booked. Do you remember e209 or e 211 at all? It looks like a board in front of the window. Thanks for posting your link and again, thanks for sharing all of your photos. i enjoyed them all!

I had already checked out your photos a ways back and spent a lot of time at webshots enjoying ALL of your pix! Your obstructed album cut off at e212 which someone I am traveling with has booked. Do you remember e209 or e 211 at all? It looks like a board in front of the window. Thanks for posting your link and again, thanks for sharing all of your photos. i enjoyed them all!

e211 should be similar to e212, just on opposite side of the ship.

I know e211 is like e212 but I am booked in e209 and there aren't photos for e209 or e210. On the deck plan it looks unobstructed, and from the exterior photo it looks like a metal strip is all that is in front of the window. Just curious if you had a snapshot of one of those. I guess it is what it is and it doesn't matter because I get to go to Alaska regardless!

• 1 month later...
  • 3 years later...

Was searching for information on Grand Princess and stumble across this post. I had E210 on Golden Princess a few months ago, here are the pictures. Despite what the deck plans shows, it's obstructed. You can still see out on to the water and people walking pass.

ja7tr4.jpg

2f0dbpu.jpg

Edited by SkaterJasp
Updated Photo Link