St. Lucia excursion insight

brookiepoo

Hey everyone!

We are trying to decide on an excursion for St. Lucia, I have a couple in mind so if anyone has done any of these I'd love to hear how you liked it. Also if anyone has any that aren't on this list that were just fantastic I'd love to hear that as well. The ones we are thinking about are as follows:

Best Views of St. Lucia

4x4 Atlantic Coast Adventure

Jeep Explorer Tour

Land & Sea Combo to Soufrier

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Thanks

definitely try cosol. we used his services last year, then my brother used him later in the year, and my son and wife are with him today on their hoineymoon. a really fun trip covering a lot of territory. he provides a variety of food along the way including some great rum punch. he also makes several satops and offers a varietyof local food and drinks. be sure to try them all. a very extensive package allowing you to see the highlights in one day.

steve

Personally, I would recommend Herod's or Simon Says over Cosol....there is a lot to be said as to why these have a higher respect from their peers even!

I may be new to this Forum, but I have been to St. Lucia many times, and think both personal and professional reputations to be very important ...... Herod and Simon have the kind of reputation that you can rely upon!

But, as we all know, opinions vary like the wind.

I could point out that so far only Herod's has voluntarily enrolled in the St. Lucia Tourism Board's "Consumer Rating Program," and of those that bothered to reply, they all rate him "Superior."

At least that is one sure sign of objective credibility, right?

We did a Land and Sea combo tour with Peter the Great which we really liked. I couldn't stand the thought of going around those curvy roads for 6 hours in a bus or van. We went to the Pitons by water, then hopped on vans for the short ride to the volcano and waterfall.

Here is a full review and pictures.

http://familytravelfun.com/stluciatours.html

We usually try to stay away from ship excursions so that we don't feel like cattle being herded at all of the stops. That being said we booked a tour with cosol, thinking that it would be a smaller group of only 10 or 12 people. That was the case, except for the fact that at each of the stops 10 other groups also on a cosol tour pulled up at the same time, and joined the herd. I will say that the tour was very well done, and covered all of the main sites, and the drivers were very good. Just keep in mind that it is not really a small group tour.

We just returned from our cruise last week and booked with Cosol after reading so much about him on this board. He was great. The day we were in St Lucia (Jan 14, 2008) he had 4 vans. He drove our van and was both very informative and entertaining. All the vans go together so at each stop he entertained and informed everyone. He was very skilled at beating the cruise ship tours so we had no waits or crowds. He was great fun and we were thought the tour exceeded those offered through the ship and about half the price of the cruise ship tour prices. He was extremely careful to get us back in plenty of time. You'll see the entire island and have some beach time too. I'd use definitly use him again.

Archived