Time for flight back home

cruzeluvr

We're sailing on Rhapsody of the Seas out of Seattle in July 2008 (Friday - Friday). I booked a flight back home which departs Seattle about noon. I thought that would be a reasonable time so we wouldn't have to rush from the pier to the airport. Any thoughts/comments from those who have been there, done that?

This will be fine- IF you get off the ship early and just consider taking a cab. You need at least an hour window at Seatac (last year had horrific construction) and at least 30-45 minutes to get there.

Thanks for your reply, you've put my wife's mind at ease. We're diamond C&A members so we should have priority debarkation, and we were planning on taking a cab from the pier to Seatac.

cruzeluvr,

Just another opinion re: flight times.

We are doing Alaska RT Seattle in June w/Celebrity. Captain's Club recommended NOON AT THE EARLIEST for us to fly back home. Our ship is due in port early (I think 6 a.m.) but you never know about customs, and the construction of the new lite rail system (due to be finished May 2009), and the other downtown construction, it MAY be a bit crazy. Plus a 12 Noon flight means being at the airport 10:30 am. or earlier.

Since I worry about things too much, we will book a late afternoon flight. If we get off the ship early, there is a concierge service at the cruise terminal, that will keep your luggage ($3/per bag) until 3:30 in the afternoon on day of departure or return.

Safe travels.

Double Nickel,

Thanks for your input. We expect to be one of the first off the ship since we're diamond C&A, and we're flying first class (those frequent flyer miles do come in handy) so I assume there will be a first class/priorlty check in at the airport as well.

Archived