Galaxy - Outside cabin for 3 Deluxe or not?

kverdon

Hi all,

We are going to give Celebrity a try and looking at a cruise on the Galaxy to the Med in June. My wife and I are taking her 18yr old nephew for his high school graduation. We have to watch the $$$ so we are just going to have to get a non-verandah outside stateroom. We are looking at the difference in outside cabins and wonder what the real differences are. The 06-07 rooms are listed as outside staterooms, 2 lower beds (we are told the 3rd person in a roll-away). If we upgrade to a lvl 05 then it is listed as a "deluxe" outside and we are told that the 3rd person has a sleeper-sofa. Both rooms are listed as 172 sq feet. Anyone have any experiences or ideas on which room would be better for the 3 of us?

thanks,

Kevin, Mona and Travis.

Don't know too much - as we've never traveled with three in a room - but I did want to mention that you ought to consider the FO rooms if available. They are often not too much more than other outside rooms but are much larger and would be much more confortable with a third adult sized person.

See if 8007, 8004, 9005 or 9006 are available. They are larger for the same price as the other cabins in the same catagory. If you search for those cabins on this forum you will find discussions and links to photos of them. (I have 8007 booked for my cruise, so I searched "8007" and got this information.

See if 8007, 8004, 9005 or 9006 are available. They are larger for the same price as the other cabins in the same catagory. If you search for those cabins on this forum you will find discussions and links to photos of them. (I have 8007 booked for my cruise, so I searched "8007" and got this information.

Here's a picture of 9005. If it's available, go for it. We had it on a Baltic cruise.

<a href=2766569950101254243S500x500Q85.jpg' alt=

Here are pictures of 8157, one of the "deluxe" outside cabins. It will be cozy with 3 adults, but I think the layout of the "deluxe" may be a little better than the standard outside cabins. The beds are cross-wise across the cabin, and the fold-out couch would open cross-wise under the window, leaving some floor space around the end of the other beds. In a standard outside cabin, the beds are along the long walls of the cabin, and a roll-away would have to be put between them. I've never been in one of those cabins, but I would think that would make for wall-to-wall beds, with little floor space left over.

Have a great cruise. We loved every minute of our Med cruise on the Galaxy.

cabin8157.jpg

cabin81572.jpg

cabin81573.jpg

Archived