Alternative Fort Lauderdale Parking

cheflauraleh

I'm sure there is a post somewhere out there about this, but I've searched and came up with nothing so I will ask my fellow cruisers!

I am looking for an alternative, safe place to park in Fort Lauderdale. I have read a little about Park & Fly, and this seems like a good option but I would love some opinions of people who have used it or other services.

I am leaving on the Caribbean Princess on March 30, 2008 and my husband and I are young newlyweds trying to save a few dollars!

Please advise me!

Is there anyone who has any advice on this subject? Please help! Thanks!

Probably because there are not any really good alternatives to parking at the port.

If you park and fly, shuttles usually end up being more of a hassle than they are worth. In season the hotels that will let you park free usually jack up the price enough to where you really aren't saving enough to make it worth the hassle.

Your dates are during peak season for South Florida.

Also, it is a good rule of thumb to avoid Days Inns and Ramada Inns in South Florida.

We just used the Park and Fly for our cruise last month and have recommended it to family and friends. The rate was $60 for 7 days! I just checked for our March cruise and it's gone up to $72 for 7 days.

We booked online thru the park and fly website. You must pre-book to get the discount rate.

The shuttle picked us up right at our car and the driver loaded and unloaded our luggage. On the way home, finding a shuttle that wasn't already full was a problem. There were 5 ships debarking at the same time! We waited for 30 minutes until one came to pick us up but for what we saved it was worth it! The driver drove us directly to our car and unloaded our luggage.

It was a great deal! Just be patient when debarking and you'll be fine.

Listen to "Dog" I used Park & Fly during Xmas and it does not get any busier than that with great results. I also paid $60 and just as important had a space during a very busy week. It has gone to $72 but not only is cheaper than the port but the vans get priorty over cars.

Archived