Miracle was so so!

leeker13

Keep bashing the Miracle Cruiser MS I was on the Miracle with you too and had no problem at all, yes there were 2300 people on borad,so get over it.... hte food in the dinning room was amazing the best I have ever had, had no problem at all, must have been are head waiter she was great and quite cute..... Capt Galtto did a great job of sailing the ship, Brent yes the CD he was seen more then when I cruised on the Miracle back in May, and Big Sexy was so funny..... you just had to rem what time to go up to the Lido deck to go eat, everyone knows that between 12 and 1 that it will be crazy...... One makes or brakes there whole cruise..... I had a blast and would cruise the Miracle again for a 3rd time any day...... :D Btw the way did you see the little golden eagle award that the Miracle had in the Royal Promande which stats the Miracle has the best customer service of crew and staff, only ship in CCL that has that award.... the Matr'd wasn't that good I'll admit that, Stipe who retired was the best ever, really nice dude.... Opps I left out too that there were a lot of older people, so the ship I felt was a little quiter than it was back in May.......

I know you to were on this cruise as we had a lot of fun Roll call discussions and I am not bashing this ship. Our experience just did not measure up to our two previous cruises. The food was not as good and the staff was also not as good as on our previous cruises. I also said this did not ruin my cruise and we did have a wonderful vacation. I was just expecting more out of this ship as I had read some exceptional reviews. I am not a negative person and can always find something good about most bad experiences. Our head waiter was horrible and our room stewards were not so great, but they did not ruin my cruise and I will cruise Carnival again.

I say more power to those who have disabilities and are aided by a service animal. What a wonderful thing that a service animal can provide a service and also be a companion to those who have a disability yet still have a strong spirit and want to live life. Man are we selfish to deny that right to others.

Thank you for the kinds words towards the disabled people. I travel with a sister who is disabled. Way to many people are ignorant of a person disability. People think my sister in Mentallhy Retarded she's not she just had a Brain illness. Few people take the time to talk to her and realize she is just like you and me.

Maybe if this person had taken the time to talk to the person with the little dog she would have understood why the dog was her travelling companion. I am not a dog I am the big sister and I am my sister travelling compainion.

My sis and I have been on the Miracle and loved the ship and crew were great to us.

matj2000: thanks for the response. I did watch the You Tube video you linked in our Roll Call thread. I was also pleasantly surprised that there weren't too many kids, and not too many geris (as I was expecting masses, based on TallyRockChick's review). But I hated the grapes and I was facing a corner upstairs in the dining room. I sure didn't let it spoil my appetite, though! ;)

Cruiser from MS: Miracle was my biggest ship yet, and she sailed totally full on our week. The only time I felt any sense of crowding was waiting to enter the theatre for the Captain's party (because everyone enters through 1 line, the line to disembark in St Thomas (because we were waiting for immigrations), that sort of thing. Oh, and of course, around the photo areas. I thought the ship felt very spacious!

See, we all expect different things. I couldn't care less if I ever saw my steward, and I drink the water from the buffet or from the tap in the bathroom! Who knows? Maybe the people next door thought the steward was horrible. As long as the beds were made, there was ice in the bucket, and there were beach towels and towels in the bathroom, I was fine.

I couldn't care less about the CD or the asst CD. I'm not interested in all those 'activities' and barely notice those guys. I wouldn't know Brent Mitchell if he walked into my office right now. I might recognize Big Sexy, but probably not.

Other than Alice, the only thing that bothered me, even slightly, was the quality of some of the steaks. And it wasn't even all of them.

So, if I can cruise for a week and really only find slight fault with one aspect of the cruise, I'm happy!

Different things affect people in different ways. What I notice, you may not, and vice versa. That's why I hate to see people jumped all over for posting their review. It's just THEIR experience and thoughts, folks.

Believe me I did not let anything ruin my cruise. We had a great time both on and off of the ship. I was most interested in the "On Deck for a Cure" and when I heard nothing I asked at the Purser's desk. I actually felt they should have made more notice of this. I think had they brought this to everyone's attention early in the cruise they would have had a lot more participation. I also felt sorry for the people in wheelchairs because it was difficult for them to get around and I saw several show their frustration about not being able to easily utilize certain areas of the ship more easily.

I did especially like the layout of the Lido deck that they had the glass walls so you could see the ocean while sitting on the deck. I guess my problem was that I expected everything to be like on my two previous ships the Conquest and the Liberty. This is the smallest ship I have sailed on, but believe me, I did have a wonderful time and will most definately cruise again on Carnival.

Believe me I am not bashing this ship.

ouch, I'm on the Miracle in Oct and I get worried when I read less than stellar reviews. Only because I've talked others into cruising this ship and I always feel responsible.

Don't worry about the negative reviews. The Miracle is a fabulous ship. My husband and I sailed her in June. We had a wonderful cabin team and wait staff. But they are the luck of the draw on any ship/cruiseline. Some will be better or worse than others. We found the food to be very good as well. Definitely not 5 star (no mass market line has 5 star food) but still very good and Nick and Nora's supper club was outstanding. I also never felt crowded. We were always able to get a chair by the pool whenever we went out there. I know each sailing is different though.

I did not have one complaint about the cruise that we took. You will have a great time, so don't worry. :D

Cruiser From MS .. I'm soooo sorry you had a bad waiter and room steward ... I know that had to stink.

I also was dissapointed in Brent ... Todd on the Conquest when I went a couple years ago was sooooo much better. I did a lot of stuff that Big Sexy was at and he was awesome! He is actually taking over as Cruise Director in March I think he said when Brent goes on vacation - he will make a great CD.

The ship was smaller, but I liked that - I had the place figured out a LOT sooner than I did the larger ships. There were a TON more adults on this cruise than others. There were only 63 kids in the camp carnival age group, and 4 of them were with us. I'm sure that added to the crowdedness around the boat - but also made it relatively quiet. I know my nieces and nephews LOVED the more personal attention they recieved in Camp Carnival with only a few people.

We lucked out with some awesome wait staff and room stewards so could totally understand how bad ones would make things not so cool.

Archived