NCL Wine Policy

seg1

I've been trying to find out about the current wine policy. I've read that you can't bring it on board, that you can but there's a $15/pb fee at embarkation, and that the fee is only in the dining room (as with most lines). Does anyone know the real policy? Is it ship dependent (I'll be on Pearl)?

You can bring wine aboard and if caught or declared they will charge a $15 per bottle corkage fee as you board the ship. You can enjoy the wine that you either bought aboard or brought aboard in your cabin or have the wine stored for the restaurants and dining rooms. I don't know of any ship or itinerary that is different.

As Don said above, the policy is pretty simple. (and repeated here weekly)

They charge $15 per 750ml brought onboard. They don't care if you drink it in the dining room, your cabin or dump it down the sink. Larger bottles are supposed to get charged more, but not always.

Does not matter if in your carry on or checked bags.

If you do not finish a bottle at diner, they can hold it for you and deliver to any restaurant onboard, or you can take it back to your room. We always finish ours, it is easier.

If your agent or you order a bottle via NCL for the room, there is no additional charge. If you buy a bottle onboard, there is not extra charge. You can not buy bottles in the ships stores or ashore to bypass the fee.

Not everyone gets stopped to pay.

And it does not matter what Aunt Tillie did on her cruise on XXX ship last year or 5 years ago. This is today.

As Don said above, the policy is pretty simple. (and repeated here weekly)

I just wanted to point something out again. Very few original questions are asked.

Just about every question has been answered weekly and sometimes daily.

There's a FAQ thread locked on top, and people still ask a questions answered in the FAQ.

Doesn't anyone read the information that's quickly available before asking their questions anymore?

This site is called Cruise Critics, not Cruise Chat.

In a partial defense, the FAQ listed above is pretty weak. It has gotten so diluted with people that do not read the very first post and keep asking new questions within the FAQ. I think a handful of us could provide a much better one.

Many new posters just post without taking the time to research beforehand. Probably just easier for them to do that.

B-I-N-G-O!

And there's nothing wrong with that at all.

If somebody doesn't want to answer the original poster's question, why would they bother reading the thread at all???

:confused:

My current NCL contract states as follows:

e) Forbidden Articles: The Guest agrees not to bring on board the vessel, under any circumstances, any firearms or weapons of any kind, ammunition, explosives, or other substances of a dangerous nature, nor animals of any kind, except service or guide animals, provided that the Guest notifies the Carrier, prior to the cruise, of the Guest's intention to bring such animal and agrees to accept full responsibility for any expense, damage, losses, or injuries associated with or caused by such animal. The Guest further understands and agrees that any alcoholic beverages purchased ashore shall not be brought or consumed aboard the vessel under any circumstances, but shall be delivered to the ship's crew at the gangway to be retained by the Carrier until the Guest disembarks at the end of the voyage. The Guest assumes all responsibility for complying with any applicable customs or import laws relating to any such purchase.

I don't doubt the $15 corkage fee charged for wine broughtr onboard, but it's not official.

If it is a problem to read others "repeated" questions, then I would have to wonder why this post was even opened, as I imagine the subject was known by the subject name.

I just wanted to point something out again. Very few original questions are asked.

Just about every question has been answered weekly and sometimes daily.

There's a FAQ thread locked on top, and people still ask a questions answered in the FAQ.

Doesn't anyone read the information that's quickly available before asking their questions anymore?

This site is called Cruise Critics, not Cruise Chat.

If it is a problem to read others "repeated" questions, then I would have to wonder why this post was even opened, as I imagine the subject was known by the subject name.

Several reasons to open a thread that I don't plan on answering.

(1) To correct a wrong answer. Wrong answers are provided all the time.

(2) To answer another question. Like your question. People ask questions in almost every thread, often unrelated to the original question, just like yours.

(3) To give an opinion like I did in this thread. Note, I wasn't the first to suggest this question is repeated weekly. I was only agreeing with the first responder.

And there are many more reasons which I shall not name now.

i agree the search function on this site stinks!

Nodding head in agreement as well.

Please also remember that not everyone is completely computer literate, nor is there a decent tutorial.

Now, What about boxed wine? There is no cork. Would this be a tab pulling fee?:D

Not to digress - but to the original question. We declared two bottles of 1.5 L bottles of wine and paid the $15 fee each. This is the second time we have brought large bottles and it has been no issue. We enjoyed one in the room all week (finished off in Cagney's) and drank twice from the other in Windows. They held after the first night until our return.

Archived