Priceline car rental and shuttles at piers

Michele Noel

Has anyone used Priceline for car rentals in the islands of Hawaii? Specifically Maui, Kauai, Kona and Hilo. I wonder if they would know to pick you up at the pier. I can get the reservation but if that company was not sending shuttles to the pier, I would not want to use a cab to get to the car rental office. Anyone used Priceline in Hawaii? Thanks

I remember people mentioning that they've used Priceline before for rental cars but they ran into the same problems that you've brought up ...

Spleen

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=ff00ff&cdt=2004;6;9;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500  until RSSC Navigator - Canada - 6/04

Carnival Conquest - W. Caribbean - 10/03, Celebrity Infinity - Alaska - 6/03, Ocean Princess - Alaska - 7/02

Just a thought, but usually when you use priceline you pay even if your plans change. I haven't used them for rental cars, but if this policy applies to rental cars as well as the other things, it might be a risk since cruise lines and ships sometimes have changes in itineraries and ports. If you cancel you might get charged anyway.

Can't wait till 5/19/04 on the Wind

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=9400d3&cdt=2004;05;19;20;00;00&timezone=GMT-1000

Actually, that's a VERY good point and one that I had forgotten about. That's probably a pretty good reason not to use Priceline rental cars on a cruise ship vacation.

Spleen

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=ff00ff&cdt=2004;6;9;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500  until RSSC Navigator - Canada - 6/04

Carnival Conquest - W. Caribbean - 10/03, Celebrity Infinity - Alaska - 6/03, Ocean Princess - Alaska - 7/02

Archived