Questions about Sabitini's & Bayou Cafe on Coral

Go-Bucks!

1) Does anyone have any pictures of the dining rooms for these alternative restaurants? I've seen pics of the entrances, but would like to see any interior shots.

2) Anyone have any menus from them?

3) Is the surcharge for these restaurants actually the price of the meal or is it the gratuity? If it's the cost of the meal, then how much should the gratuity be?

4) My friend and I ate at the Sterling Steakhouse on the Sun Princess and since we weren't sure what the charge was for, we felt that we should leave a tip - just to be sure. When we asked if we could put it on our ship account, they said "no", it had to be in cash. Well, we didn't have any cash on us, so we were very embarrased. We brought a tip back later after going to our cabin. Anyone been able to leave a tip for the alternative restaurants on their account or is always in cash?

Thanks for any help with these questions.

1) Does anyone have any pictures of the dining rooms for these alternative restaurants? I've seen pics of the entrances, but would like to see any interior shots.

2) Anyone have any menus from them?

3) Is the surcharge for these restaurants actually the price of the meal or is it the gratuity? If it's the cost of the meal, then how much should the gratuity be?

4) My friend and I ate at the Sterling Steakhouse on the Sun Princess and since we weren't sure what the charge was for, we felt that we should leave a tip - just to be sure. When we asked if we could put it on our ship account, they said "no", it had to be in cash. Well, we didn't have any cash on us, so we were very embarrased. We brought a tip back later after going to our cabin. Anyone been able to leave a tip for the alternative restaurants on their account or is always in cash?

Thanks for any help with these questions.

I have pictures of the Bayou Cafe and menus from our two cruises on the Coral. Follow the photo link in my signature and go to the Coral October 2004 set. Even though the menus have changed a little it'll still give you a good idea.;)

Personally, and I know others may disagree but I consider the surcharge the gratituity for the staff working in those venues not covered by the auto tip.

You'll find pictures of Sabatini in my Caribbean Princess 2004/2005 sets - it's pretty standard fleetwide (until you get to the Crown and Emerald).

I have pictures of the Bayou Cafe and menus from our two cruises on the Coral. Follow the photo link in my signature and go to the Coral October 2004 set. Even though the menus have changed a little it'll still give you a good idea.;)

Personally, and I know others may disagree but I consider the surcharge the gratituity for the staff working in those venues not covered by the auto tip.

You'll find pictures of Sabatini in my Caribbean Princess 2004/2005 sets - it's pretty standard fleetwide (until you get to the Crown and Emerald).

beachfye, we found the Coral a wonderful ship in 2004 and I hope that is still the case. If you are sailing the 10 night Panama Canal cruise you are in for a treat. It is probably not exactly the itinerary we had, but it is still a terrific cruise.

I have pictures of the Bayou Cafe and menus from our two cruises on the Coral. Follow the photo link in my signature and go to the Coral October 2004 set. Even though the menus have changed a little it'll still give you a good idea.;) quote]

Thank you so much for posting, the photos are great...we sail on the Coral in 101 days:D ...for a full transit to Vancouver.

beachfye, we found the Coral a wonderful ship in 2004 and I hope that is still the case. If you are sailing the 10 night Panama Canal cruise you are in for a treat. It is probably not exactly the itinerary we had, but it is still a terrific cruise.

I'm very excited! :D Have heard many glowing comments on the Coral and very few negatives.

We're doing the 14 day full transit through the Panama Canal (from FLL to LAX). I haven't been to any of the ports, so there's alot to look forward to. My only disappointment is that we aren't stopping in Panama. One of my sons-in-law is from Panama and he and my daughter were just there. They gave me a list of great places to visit, but we're not stopping. Oh well. I'll just have to go there sometime with my kids I guess.

Thank you so much! The pictures are great - I'll come back to look at all of them. Makes me feel sort of like I'm not here in the cold winter weather - a nice "mental vacation." ;) I was surprised to see that the Bayou Cafe charged $6 extra for lobster - I thought you could get anything for the cover charge? Both menus looked great, but the Sabitini's menu is way too good - I would want about 4 of the Secondi dishes! :eek: I love seafood.

I'm going to start a thread to see what others think about this "cover charge." I'm just not sure whether I think it's a tip or a charge for dinner. Thanks for your opinion.

Thank you so much! The pictures are great - I'll come back to look at all of them. Makes me feel sort of like I'm not here in the cold winter weather - a nice "mental vacation." ;) I was surprised to see that the Bayou Cafe charged $6 extra for lobster - I thought you could get anything for the cover charge? Both menus looked great, but the Sabitini's menu is way too good - I would want about 4 of the Secondi dishes! :eek: I love seafood.

I'm going to start a thread to see what others think about this "cover charge." I'm just not sure whether I think it's a tip or a charge for dinner. Thanks for your opinion.

You're welcome, I'm glad you enjoyed them and found them helpful.

The menus are a couple of years old and I know for instance that we found a newer more streamlined Sabatini menu on the Crown last May - still fabulous but different, so there may have been some changes in the Bayou Cafe menus recently as well. But as I said it's a good starting point.

Archived