Limo from Ft. Lauderdale to Miami or Cab??

Cancunyogi

Will be on FOS RCCL on Sunday. Staying Saturday night at the Atlantic Hotel in Ft. Lauderdale. I thought I read a while back that a Limo is actually comparable in price to a taxi. Can anyone verify this and recommend a limo company? - Please advise. - Thanks!!!:confused:

I'm not sure about the limo costs but how many people are in your party?

The reason I ask is because a taxi driver (in a regular car,not van) insisted he could fit our family of four and all our luggage in his cab. The trunk wasn't secured properly and was banging up and down on our cases, we had to stop twice on the highway and try to fix it before our luggage went flying. Kind of scary.

Had we known, we would have taken 2 cabs (which i'd imagine would be comparable to the cost of a limo)

We just got back from a cruise out of FLL. We used a cab service/van for a family of 5. We needed the van for luggage space. I don't know if he goes to Miami but my guess is that he does. He was very reliable. If you want his name and phone number let me know. If he can't do it he can probably let you know of a service that he would recommend. We got his name from the hotel that we were staying at the night before our cruise. If you are staying over night pre-cruise you could ask at your hotel for recommendations as well.

We just returned from a wonderful cruise on the FOS. We flew into FLL because airfare was better. We arranged for Larry's Limo to pick us up at the FLL airport and take us to our hotel in Miami. There were 10 of us and about 20 pieces of luggage. The cost was $120 or $60 per family (five in each). That included the gratuity. Our driver was waiting for us when the plane landed. Very professional. When I made the reservations they did not require a credit card number! I called the day before we left to confirm our reservation. I would recommend this Limo company to anyone. I found this service from other members on the CC

I think it depends on how many people are included. We had six in our party, so it was definitely cheaper for the limo that held all of us on the way from FLL to Miami rather than the two cabs it took from Miami to FLL. Sorry to say I don't know the name of the limo company or the actual costs.

Check out floridalimo.com. We've used them twice and been well satisfied with their meet-and-greet and limo services. So nice to simply arrive - enjoy - let somebody else worry about the traffic and driving and just sit back and relax!

Have a great trip. By the way - we loved the Atlantic also!

Rob

We hired a stretch limo from South Florida Transportation from FLL to our hotel just by the Port of Miami. It was $105.00, everything included (taxes, tip, surcharges, etc.). The driver (Mike) met us in the luggage area at FLL and we were on our way in just a few minutes. Very professional and courteous service, and it was a nice treat to take a limo.

I do not recommend a car rental - you cannot just drop the car at the Port of Miami; you have to arrange a shuttle (some are as far away as the airport) and IMO, it's all just too much. Vacation is time to relax and perhaps indulge in some things you might not normally do. Anyway, this board is filled with threads about car rentals and Port of Miami - you can run a search and check it out.

http://www.southfloridatransportation.com/ - If Mike is still available, he was excellent.

Flying into Miami and taking cruise out of Port Everglades. We were put in touch with USA Transportation (954) 457-4141. They go out of Fort Lauderdale and Miami. Quote four or less passengers $90.00 plus tip. Quote from Taxi was $80 (plus tip) and up one way depending on traffic.

Have a great time!

GOShuttle offers a private Lincoln Towncar for up to four passengers. The rate is $64.

http://www.floridalimo.com/Pages/private.html

No reservations required, no upfront payment, no having to provide credit card information ahead of time, no cancelation penaltys.

When you arrive at the airport, collect your luggage and go outside the baggage claim area, lower level, curbside, contact one of the starters (customer services reps.) wearing a white shirt with "GO AIRPORT SHUTTLE" in green on the back of the shirt and an emblem on the sleeve and over the breast pocket. Let the starter know at you would like the Towncar service and he/she will assist you.

Archived