Pearl Mini-suite help

crimmper

DW & I will be cruising the Pearl 7/27/08 to Alaska. I booked mini-suite #11582. I am a little late doing my homework but I just checked to see what was on the deck above our room and to my dismay, I see that the Aqua Kids Club & Video Arcade are directly above us. Now my question to the board is, how soundproof (or muffling) is the room. I don't want to be woken up at 4am to the sound of video games. There are a few mini-suites on the 110 side of the ship but they are under the Garden Cafe. Don't get me wrong I realize that no matter what stateroom you are in you are bound to get some noise, I am just a little worried about being under Public Area Rooms.

Thanks in advance to all who reply.

We stayed in a minisuite on deck 11 of the Pearl last year, and I have to say that the rooms are not sound proof. We tended to hear the clean up crew out in the middle of the night...i.e. chairs dragging for maybe an hour or so. Luckily we are not light sleepers so it did not really bother us. However my parents who were in the cabin next to us said that they would never stay on the 11th deck again.

We are going back on the Pearl this March and chose a different deck for that reason.

We were in room 11034 on the Pearl. We heard no noises at night. Actually too quiet, we opened the door wall a little to hear the ocean, "white out noise". In the afternoon, you could hear the wheel spinning, if you really listened for it, from the pool area. Very comfy room.

Linda:cool:

We are booked on the Gem on Deck 11 aft and have the Great Outdoors abouve us and the basketball court above that. From other post I found out that these places do close at reasonable hours. I guess it depends waht resonable is to the guest below!) As noted above, the suggestion to open your door so you hear the waves against the ship will act as white noise and put you sleep like a baby. One person who had my room said they heard the crew playing basketball in the wee hours of the morning but it didn't last too long. At least you won't hear that from your location.

Happy Saliing!

So far its 1 positive & 1 negative.

As far as the Aqua kids club & the video arcade, anyone know what time it shuts down?

If push comes to shove, I'll just bring along some wax earplugs and drown out everything. (including the DW) If your reading this DEAR, I'm just kidding:D

So far its 1 positive & 1 negative.

As far as the Aqua kids club & the video arcade, anyone know what time it shuts down?

If push comes to shove, I'll just bring along some wax earplugs and drown out everything. (including the DW) If your reading this DEAR, I'm just kidding:D

Bueller...............Bueller...............Bueller....................Fry......Fry.......

Ok, any GUESSES as to what time the kids club and arcade close. :rolleyes:

Archived