Spirit Cruise Terminal in NOLA

JerseyMom

Those of you who have recently done the Western Caribbean cruise on the Spirit out of New Orleans, which terminal does the Spirit leave from? I have seen some reviews that mention the Erato St. Terminal but my cruise docs say Julia St. Terminal. Does the Spirit use both terminals or are my cruise docs wrong?

Also, is there a separate waiting area for Lattitudes and/or suites as does NY?

Thanks!

Those of you who have recently done the Western Caribbean cruise on the Spirit out of New Orleans, which terminal does the Spirit leave from? I have seen some reviews that mention the Erato St. Terminal but my cruise docs say Julia St. Terminal. Does the Spirit use both terminals or are my cruise docs wrong?

Also, is there a separate waiting area for Lattitudes and/or suites as does NY?

Thanks!

They are using Erato St. but it really doesn't matter. Julia and Erato are next door to each other, and the directions are the same. Once you get close there will be guards directing traffic. NCL's driving directions list the address as 1100 Port of New Orleans Place. We entered that into our GPS and it took us right where we were supposed to be. Some of the turns seem strange as the terminal is behind the Convention Center, but trust that address.

There was a separate check in area for Latitudes members. I didn’t notice whether there was a separate waiting area or not.

since the spirit was the only ship there, it was sooo very easy. i think it does dock at julia, but there is only one parking garage...both terminals share the garage. we put the address in the GPS and followed it. when we turned the corner, they had people out, directing the little traffic. (we were early). i describe it in my review and have some photo in my links below. on my webshot link look at the file about leaving new orleans.

my only hint...print up your ticket page (from edocs) or have tickets in hand.

when we came down from 5th floor parking, the elevators doors opened and a security guy was there. he HAD to see our tickets, before he would let anyone though. some were looking in their purses, some had their luggage open. we had ours...i don't know if they do that every cruise, but he was really taking his job seriously.

since the spirit was the only ship there, it was sooo very easy. i think it does dock at julia, but there is only one parking garage...both terminals share the garage. we put the address in the GPS and followed it. when we turned the corner, they had people out, directing the little traffic. (we were early). i describe it in my review and have some photo in my links below. on my webshot link look at the file about leaving new orleans.

my only hint...print up your ticket page (from edocs) or have tickets in hand.

when we came down from 5th floor parking, the elevators doors opened and a security guy was there. he HAD to see our tickets, before he would let anyone though. some were looking in their purses, some had their luggage open. we had ours...i don't know if they do that every cruise, but he was really taking his job seriously.

Once again, Cathi, thanks for your great suggestions. I have one of those pouches that you can hang around your neck that holds passports, tickets, etc. I will make sure I have everything in there before we arrive. When we get there, we'll just look for the big boat ;)

You did not say when you are sailing so he only problem you could have if the Carnival Fantasy is in dock at the same time the NCL Spirit. If this should happen I think the Carnival ship would get the new Erato St Terminal and NCL would be at the Julil St Terminal

Shouldn't happen because the Fantasy docks Saturdays, Mondays and Thursdays and the Spirit only on Sunday.

Kathy

We had the same confusion when we sailed out of NO on the Sun in Oct 06, the first post Katrina ship to sail from NO.

We took a wrong turn on the way and ended up seeing parts of NO that look nothing like Bourbon street. And the sight of the miles of devastation along I-10 coming in from the east are still a shocker, even if you are sort of prepared ahead of time.

Archived