Totally confused suite on the Pearl

Cruisin Together

I booked cabin 11656 on the Pearl as a surprise for my DH as he has always wanted to be in the back of the ship. Now I am reading that we will have noise from the cafe above us. How much noise and did anyone experience any junk ( food) coming down onto the balcony? Not sure what to do here as I don't want to be disappointed.:(

There are several Threads on this subject and if you call up your room # you may be able to fidn them a search ( I also booked an aft room on the GEM in April) and from what I udnerstand, these are prime reals estate on a ship.(Shhhh) One question was asked if the Great Outdoors can see down to your blacony ands the answer is NO. They also close at a reasonable hour so you won't hear antyhing at night (other than the intial clean up and "chair dragging if yiou are in your room at that hour. One suggetion was to open your balcony door and listen to the waves hit the ship. It's a "white noise" and will help you tune out whatever else you hear. I am looking forward to our trip. Thery are also reports of Dophin watching from your balcony!. We were a little fortunate to get to switch to our cabin 11650 from a a midship (also a good spot) because of my husbands recent surgery (ok, that;s the unfortunate part) that required a handicap room. When I did some research on CC, I am glad we have it.

If I were you, I would do a search and see what others have already said. Hope you have a great trip.

I booked cabin 11656 on the Pearl as a surprise for my DH as he has always wanted to be in the back of the ship. Now I am reading that we will have noise from the cafe above us. How much noise and did anyone experience any junk ( food) coming down onto the balcony? Not sure what to do here as I don't want to be disappointed.:(

I can let you know in March. If I where you I would not worry . The back of the pearl is flat up/down , you are not going to get any " junk " falling down. I also researched the Aft AFs and from what I gathered the noise from the cafe was minimul compared to some of the older ships. Do a search on " pearl aft AF deck 11 " you will find what you need ..

Good hunting

You scored one of the most popular cabins on the Pearl, so don't cancel it. Others will be along soon to tell you that the noise wasn't bad at all and that nothing fell on them.

We were in a similar cabin on the Sun, right under the Great Outdoors Cafe. We noticed very little noise (and would book that very cabin again if we go on the Sun again). And the cabin we were in juts out much farther than 11656 on the Pearl and nothing fell on us except a little soot onto the balcony. I have heard others say there was no soot (or food :D ) falling on the aft cabins of the Pearl/Jewel/Star or Dawn because those ships' balconies offer more cover from above than the balconies on the Sun.

You'll have a great time back there, and so will your surprised husband!

There are several Threads on this subject....... They also close at a reasonable hour so you won't hear antyhing at night (other than the intial clean up and "chair dragging if yiou are in your room at that hour. .......

With the new smoking rules they may be keeping the bar open longer for the smokers, I think they did this on the Gem, don't have the dailies handy to check if it was scheduled, maby one of the smokers knows the facts, I just heard this..

Unlikely this will impact the cabin.

Well if so, I hope the smokers don't think of throwing the butts off the ship so they blow back on my balcony:eek: . That would suck. But I'm still stayin'! If you find anthing out about that (the hours of the bar, not the butt throwing!) let us know.

Thanks

Well if so, I hope the smokers don't think of throwing the butts off the ship so they blow back on my balcony:eek: . That would suck. But I'm still stayin'! If you find anthing out about that (the hours of the bar, not the butt throwing!) let us know.

Thanks

Update, finaly gug out the freestyles from the Oct inaugural and the Dec TA. so see what the times were. Only mention is in the food section nothing about the bar or being a smoking area.

Oct, Garden cafe mostly 5:30-11:30 but sea days the Great outdoors took over 8:00 or 9:30.

Dec Garden cafe 5:30-9:30 great outdoors 9:30-11:30 every day.

Archived