Caribbean Princess only Questions! Post 'em Here!

ShoMeChiefsFan

Hi everyone, My DH and I will be sailing on the CB on May 17 .I have a question to ask about the spa packages...Did anyone have the couples spa treatment? It states it's for 75 minutes and I know there is a bath that goes with it but not sure of anything else:confused: ?I am hoping that ther will be a massage included for the amount of money we will be spending;) Also, In all the boards I've been reading, no one ever mentions the balcony cabins on Baja deck...has anyone have anything to say about them...good or bad....?

Lorna

Do they do scuba lessons on the CB? I may be sailing in July and am interested, but can't seem to find any information. How much does that usually cost too?

Yes. I just researched this for our family.

Here's a quick overview:

http://www.princess.com/news/article.jsp?newsArticleId=na599&submit=pk

For details, go to the Princess site and download the Caribbean shore excursion booklet for the relevant time period (it's a large download). You will see several pages devoted to the scuba program. It is important, also, to look at the "fine print" rules at the back of the booklet.

WOW what a great amount of information, you did a great job on that website Bill thank you for all your hard work- I just spent about an hour going through it.

I have a few questions that I was going to email you direct about but then I thought maybe some other people might be wondering the same thing so I am posting them here. Usually I think my TA knows it all but I think she would have to bow to your CB knowledge!!

so here we go..

1. I am in a suite which means I get priority embarkation/debarkation- how do I go about this? Is there a seperate line for suites like on other cruise lines?

2. We have anytime dining and suites get "priority reservations" but I thought you could just walk up to the restaurant and get a seat, I am confused, there are three of us in our party.

3. I see that suites get a free wine tasting- how do you go about arranging that? Also I thought I read somewhere that suites can get a private photo sitting instead of waiting in line. Do you know anything about that? And what about the laundry and internet do you just use it and they don't charge you? What about the thermal spa?

4. Last question- both myself and my daughter had been in a car accident and need eggcrates on our beds, is there a way to pre order them?

Thank you so much for all your great information!! Blake

WOW what a great amount of information, you did a great job on that website Bill thank you for all your hard work- I just spent about an hour going through it.

I have a few questions that I was going to email you direct about but then I thought maybe some other people might be wondering the same thing so I am posting them here. Usually I think my TA knows it all but I think she would have to bow to your CB knowledge!!

so here we go..

1. I am in a suite which means I get priority embarkation/debarkation- how do I go about this? Is there a seperate line for suites like on other cruise lines?

I believe there is a separate line for VIP. I've never been in a suite and never paid attention.

2. We have anytime dining and suites get "priority reservations" but I thought you could just walk up to the restaurant and get a seat, I am confused, there are three of us in our party.

Yes you can just walk up. In between 6:30 and 8:30pm you may have a few minutes wait.If you want reservations for Sabatinis or Sterlings you'll have priority reservations.

3. I see that suites get a free wine tasting- how do you go about arranging that? Also I thought I read somewhere that suites can get a private photo sitting instead of waiting in line. Do you know anything about that? And what about the laundry and internet do you just use it and they don't charge you? What about the thermal spa?

Some of the perks won't be offered and some people working on the ship aren't even aware that you are supposed to get them. Either that or they play dumb real well. I would inquire at the pursers desk about these perks and any other ones you aren't getting.

4. Last question- both myself and my daughter had been in a car accident and need eggcrates on our beds, is there a way to pre order them?

I have never needed them but I've read that people have faxed in their request. I have also read that some have waited until getting onboard and just asking the steward as soon as possible so you don't risk them running out of them.

Thank you so much for all your great information!! Blake

Jacsun33,

Yes the CB has 3 card poker.

Bill

We have been researching cruises and have settled on the CB for our 2009 cruise. (The Southern Caribbean Explorer). DH wants the larger cabin so we will be booking the mini-suite. I heard that the extra room inside is made up in the balcony size. Are the balconies small?

Hi everyone, My DH and I will be sailing on the CB on May 17 .I have a question to ask about the spa packages...Did anyone have the couples spa treatment? It states it's for 75 minutes and I know there is a bath that goes with it but not sure of anything else:confused: ?I am hoping that ther will be a massage included for the amount of money we will be spending;) Also, In all the boards I've been reading, no one ever mentions the balcony cabins on Baja deck...has anyone have anything to say about them...good or bad....?

Lorna

I ended up just booking a regular couples massage because I wasn't sure what the 75 minute thing included and I wasn't so sure about the bath!! :o Let me know if you find anything out!

I got a balcony cabin on the Aloha deck (we're on the same cruise) and I haven't heard much about those rooms either.

The Caribbean Princess in leaving from NYC (Manhattan or Brooklyn) on June 13. How do I find out if it is Manhattan or Brooklyn?

We are leaving in May from Brooklyn on the Caribbean Princess. It didn't show up on anything until I printed my boarding pass this week.

We have been researching cruises and have settled on the CB for our 2009 cruise. (The Southern Caribbean Explorer). DH wants the larger cabin so we will be booking the mini-suite. I heard that the extra room inside is made up in the balcony size. Are the balconies small?

Do the mini-suites on the Emerald deck get a lot of noise from Club Fusion below?

The mini-suite balconies are smaller than the standard balcony cabins on the Caribe deck, maybe 7x7 or 8x8. There are two E730 and E731 that are somewhat larger because the balcony wraps around a bit.

My sister had a mini-suite on emerald deck and never heard a thing from Club Fusion. Although, I have read one or two complaints about hearing the noise.

Is the seafood buffet only on the first evening?

I seem to remember reading that they offer it in the Horizon Cafe on formal nights too, but now I cannot find the thread.

The Seafood buffet is on Sailaway day also one other day, check your patters.

I've never done anything less than a 7-night sailing, so I do not have experience from which to draw. Do the 3-night sailings still have a formal night? If so, do people still dress as formally as they do on longer sailings?

And to go along with this...do people dress as formally on Princess as they do on Holland America?

Thank you!!

I've never done anything less than a 7-night sailing, so I do not have experience from which to draw. Do the 3-night sailings still have a formal night? If so, do people still dress as formally as they do on longer sailings?

And to go along with this...do people dress as formally on Princess as they do on Holland America?

Thank you!!

Yes the 3 day has one formal night. :)

Is it necessary to pay $34.00 pp for the Governor's Beach excursion on Grand Turk? Would we be able to get there ourselves for free? Meaning, is the 34 bucks paying for the "complimentary drink" and beach chair, or is it also paying for transportation that would not otherwise be available to us to get there?

Is it necessary to pay $34.00 pp for the Governor's Beach excursion on Grand Turk? Would we be able to get there ourselves for free? Meaning, is the 34 bucks paying for the "complimentary drink" and beach chair, or is it also paying for transportation that would not otherwise be available to us to get there?

I read on the GT board that you can get a taxi for anout 4.oo each way. Very close to the pier. :) No sure about the chair.

Archived