To those who were booked on the cancelled Millennium 7/12/2007

Cote d'or

We received our future cruise certificates (it's a money value), but according to our TA :

a) we can't use them for paying port fees when booking a cruise (??)

b) we can only use it for one cruise. If the price of that cruise (so without the port fees), is lower than the amount of the FCC, we will lose what's left of it, so we can't use it for another cruise.

I can't find these conditions anywere on the vouchers. I think this is all very strange and would like to know if other people who received these vouchers got the same booking conditions ?

We received our future cruise certificates (it's a money value)' date=' but according to our TA :

a) we can't use them for paying port fees when booking a cruise (??)

b) we can only use it for one cruise. If the price of that cruise (so without the port fees), is lower than the amount of the FCC, we will lose what's left of it, so we can't use it for another cruise.

I can't find these conditions anywere on the vouchers. I think this is all very strange and would like to know if other people who received these vouchers got the same booking conditions ?[/quote']

Wasn't scheduled on that cruise, but, I'm assuming the port fees/taxes were refunded? I'm guessing it is the same as using FFmiles for flights. They never cover the taxes. It would make sense that Celebrity is giving you what they don't have to pay out of pocket, which is the cabin itself. I'm assuming you can't use the value for excursions either? What about pre-paid gratuities?

Wasn't scheduled on that cruise, but, I'm assuming the port fees/taxes were refunded? I'm guessing it is the same as using FFmiles for flights. They never cover the taxes. It would make sense that Celebrity is giving you what they don't have to pay out of pocket, which is the cabin itself. I'm assuming you can't use the value for excursions either? What about pre-paid gratuities?

The amount of the FCC is what we paid for the 'cruise only', including taxes and port fees. But we can't use it for port fees ...

Neither for excursions or gratuities, which is obvious.

We are using FCC's on a Millie cruise next week. They were given to us as compensation for some issues we encountered on an Infinity cruise. They were not for the cancelled Millie cruise.

We received our future cruise certificates (it's a money value)' date=' but according to our TA :

a) we can't use them for paying port fees when booking a cruise (??)[/quote']

Our FCC vouchers don't say anything about not being valid for port fees. Since port fees are wrapped into the cruise price, I assume the FCC would be valid for them. The FCC cannot be used for shore excursions or land package tours.

On my FCC, there are several 'bullet points' that cover the exclusions. The third 'bullet point' says that you can only use the FCC for one cruise and you lose any remaining value if the replacement cruise costs less than the value of the FCC. Our FCC's were not for the full value of a cruise so we still owed some money on the booking when we used them.

I can't find these conditions anywere on the vouchers. I think this is all very strange and would like to know if other people who received these vouchers got the same booking conditions ?

We gave the original FCC's to our TA when we made the booking. Our invoice clearly shows the full value credit.

I suspect the TA takes a big hit on commission on the rebooking when you have a FCC that is worth the cost of a complete cruise. Possibly, our TA did not explain some of the exclusions; i.e., port fees; since we still owed some money.

Our payment (using a credit card) went directly to Celebrity so we are confident the amount we were billed was the amount charged by Celebrity.

Hope this helps.

Les

Our FCC vouchers don't say anything about not being valid for port fees.

Neither do ours. Nothing about taxes or port fees.

On my FCC, there are several 'bullet points' that cover the exclusions. The third 'bullet point' says that you can only use the FCC for one cruise and you lose any remaining value if the replacement cruise costs less than the value of the FCC.

This condition is not mentioned on our FCC's.

I suspect the TA takes a big hit on commission on the rebooking when you have a FCC that is worth the cost of a complete cruise.

Also my thought.

Les

The problem is that there isn't one standard FCC-voucher. So that's why I hope I can get an answer from other people who were booked on the same cancelled cruise, so I can compare with their conditions.

We were on the ill fated 6/30 cruise. Our vouchers only applied to the fare amount. We lost the balance. We are on the 8/2 constellation Baltic cruise.

So you booked a cruise which was cheaper than the one on the Millennium and you lost the balance of the FCC ?

We were on the 6/30 Millie cruise and will be using our FCC this summer. There was a letter that came along with the certificates that explained more about how they are to be used. One important note is that you cannot use them during a holiday period. We finally got CS to pin that down to Dec 24-Jan 1.

We will have to pay the additional for taxes and port fees even though our new cruise is less $ than the previous cruise. We came in pretty close though. We were determined to use as much of the certificate as possible so we booked a royal suite in Alaska.

From what I understand from many calls to Celebrity's CS, this is a goodwill offering, not a refund. You can use it or lose it, but it's only good on one cruise until 12/08. I'm sure if it was a refund, you would be able to use the entire amount, but since they already refunded our money, this is just them being nice and compensating us for the inconvenience.

We lucked out - literally. Our TA managed to rebook us for the Aug 17th Barcelona - Venice instead of July 11 Venice to Barcelona.

First - Celebrity refunded all Shore Excursions - We sort of made out there because the one shorex in BCN was not needed as we were not coming off the ship.

Second - we received a full refund including Air ( which we booked through Celebrity).

Third - because we rebooked quickly there was no price change for the cruise

however - Airfare went from $950pp - $1400pp. Not sure if it was because air went up due to fuel charges or because we booked less than a month before the cruise.

So in effect our cruise only cost us the delta between the air.

We even saved a bit on the hotel in BCN because the rate actually went down.

DOWNSIDE - Wife got mugged or rather had wallet stolen in BCN -

DOWNSIDE 2 - had the cruise went according to plan we would have a day and a half in Venice. As it turned out - they got us off the ship at 7AM so we only had from noon to about 10pm to sightsee in Venice.

All in all 12 night cruise for 2 for about $1000 worked for us - sinced we got our original money back - we booked 2 cruises and still have a few Euros left toward cruise 3

We lucked out - literally. Our TA managed to rebook us for the Aug 17th Barcelona - Venice instead of July 11 Venice to Barcelona.

First - Celebrity refunded all Shore Excursions - We sort of made out there because the one shorex in BCN was not needed as we were not coming off the ship.

Second - we received a full refund including Air ( which we booked through Celebrity).

however - Airfare went from $950pp - $1400pp. Not sure if it was because air went up due to fuel charges or because we booked less than a month before the cruise.

DOWNSIDE 2 - had the cruise went according to plan we would have a day and a half in Venice. As it turned out - they got us off the ship at 7AM so we only had from noon to about 10pm to sightsee in Venice.

All in all 12 night cruise for 2 for about $1000 worked for us - sinced we got our original money back - we booked 2 cruises and still have a few Euros left toward cruise 3

I think you did great! I had a hard time undestanding the complaints (a number of different threads), but I understand there would be a difference for those who were already in Europe (I heard some did not find out their cruise was canceled until they arrived in Rome?) vs those who had not left home yet, etc.

I think you did great! I had a hard time understanding the complaints (a number of different threads), since the cruise was fully refunded, but I understand there would be a difference for those who were already in Europe (I heard some did not find out their cruise was canceled until they arrived in Europe?) vs those who had not left home yet, etc.

I think you did great! I had a hard time understanding the complaints (a number of different threads), since the cruise was fully refunded, but I understand there would be a difference for those who were already in Europe (I heard some did not find out their cruise was canceled until they arrived in Europe?) vs those who had not left home yet, etc.

I am just glad we had not departed. I was checking CC all week and finally on Sunday - Celebrity announced the cancellation. I called my TA on Monday at 10am when they opened - and they were surprised since they never got notified until they called to rebook me.

If you listen to some of the complainers - they would prefer 2 free cruises, upgrade to the presidential suite and all kinds of other perks - me - I am glad we got to take the vacation within a month of the schedule.

In my situation it was weird - I found out the Friday before we left on the rescheduled cruise - I was "made redundant" so I was out of work and cruising. OH WELL

In my situation it was weird - I found out the Friday before we left on the rescheduled cruise - I was "made redundant" so I was out of work and cruising. OH WELL

You have to just go with the flow. We got to the airport in Rome for our return flight and they had us on the wrong flight going to another city (FFmiles on partner airline and there was a change months earlier). Fortunately I had paper tickets and there were seats the Flight going to our home town.

Archived