Cost of soda card

Raider07

On our last Princess cruises, they didn't sell the old soda card. You get a sticker put on your cruise card - unlimited sodas. For our 10-day Tahiti cruise this past summer, I believe it cost about $35-40 (I don't remember for sure). I don't know if it changes depending on the length of the cruise. Still a good deal if you drink much soda.

On our last Princess cruises, they didn't sell the old soda card. You get a sticker put on your cruise card - unlimited sodas.
I've never seen a separate card for sodas on Princess; only the sticker that's put on your cruise card. When did they have separate cards and how many sodas did you get to have?

I've never seen a separate card for sodas on Princess; only the sticker that's put on your cruise card. When did they have separate cards and how many sodas did you get to have?

You know, I'm not sure if I ever used a soda card, but I have used the sticker. What I think I remember was a drink card (but that may have been RCL), and the still-available coffee drink card on Princess.

You know, I'm not sure if I ever used a soda card, but I have used the sticker. What I think I remember was a drink card (but that may have been RCL), and the still-available coffee drink card on Princess.
When I was last on RCCL (a few years ago now), they had a sticker -- just like Princess, except it was a lot more than Princess. HAL has a separate soda card for a specific number of sodas where when you order a soda, the waiter punches a hole in the card. IMHO, it's a lousy deal 'cause the sodas come in small glasses.

If you take an insulated mug with you... will Princess fill it if you purchase the soda card?

Yes. On the Tahitian Princess this summer I bought the soda sticker and an insulated (Coke) cup came with it. But since it was fairly small, and I had a larger cup, I used that, and they filled it, no problem. And if you don't have your cup, they'll put it in their bar glasses (large ones).

Yes. On the Tahitian Princess this summer I bought the soda sticker and an insulated (Coke) cup came with it. But since it was fairly small, and I had a larger cup, I used that, and they filled it, no problem. And if you don't have your cup, they'll put it in their bar glasses (large ones).
The problem with bringing a mug or getting the Coke cup is that you have to wash it. (Yuck if you don't.) Washing isn't on my agenda on a cruise. :) I much prefer to get a freshly-washed glass from the bar filled with soda.

Archived