HOW LONG WOULD IT TAKE?

rcclcruiseking

You could just drive around it in several hours....but I think you would want to stop once or twice. You can do it in an afternoon or over several days. It also depends on how around you mean. You can cut straight across and get there in less than 2 hours or you can circle the island.

You cannot go all the way around the island because the highways just dont go there. You can cut from Waikiki to the northshore in basically a straight line and then travel the shoreline back if you'd like. Again it depends on how much you want to see, how much you want to eat, shop, etc.

Short answer: no less than 4 hours if you need a timeline.

http://the.honoluluadvertiser.com/article/2004/Apr/04/il/il05a.html

a Sunday article about Oahu circling.

NCL Star 1/04

What's Next? Alaska 2005 - Ask me about an official CC group!

I didn't get what bambam was talking about until I finally read this post. icon_biggrin.gif

I agree with Suebee - look at taking up at least half a day if you plan on seeing any sights. If you stop frequently, it could be a whole day trip.

Spleen

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=ff00ff&cdt=2004;6;9;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500  until RSSC Navigator - Canada - 6/04

Carnival Conquest - W. Caribbean - 10/03, Celebrity Infinity - Alaska - 6/03, Ocean Princess - Alaska - 7/02

My wife and I took almost the exact same route around Oahu last year. We left at about 9am, stopped at some different places, ate dinner in Haliewa at this littel hole-in-the=wall spaghetti place that was absolutely GREAT, $8 for both of us with a coupon.Watched the sunset from the beach, and were back in Honolulu at the hotel by 9pm

Brilliance of the Seas - w. Caribbean 12/2003

Infinity - Hawaii 4/2003

Jubilee - W. Caribbean 4/2002

Inspiration - S Caribbean 12/1996

General Henry Gibbons- Puerto Rico 1959

Pvt William H Thomas - Puerto Rico 1956

(OK, these last two weren't really 'cruises')

Archived