Weather in Mexican Riviera in March...swimming?

jimbug

Hi everyone,

Just booked the March 12th Celebrity Mercury sailing out of San Francisco. (So excited!) I am aware that temperatures this time of year in the Riviera won't be scorching hot...very thankful for that...but will it be too cool to jump in the ocean? I was looking forward to laying out on the beach without shivering.

Thanks!

I have gone twice during March and both times I encountered 70' to 80's with Cabo being the coolest and Mazatlan the warmest and heavy humidity in Puerto Vallarta.

The water temps in the middle of Winter along the Mexican Riviera are warmer then the highest temps in Summer around San Francisco

With that said the water temps will be lower then in the Caribbean.

I live in S. California and cruise the Mexican Riviera primarily between late Nov to early April and the water temp. has always been in the low 70's to low 80's from Cabo south, unlike the waters around Los Angeles which will be in the high 50's to low 60's.

Steve Hayes

Hi everyone,

Just booked the March 12th Celebrity Mercury sailing out of San Francisco. (So excited!) I am aware that temperatures this time of year in the Riviera won't be scorching hot...very thankful for that...but will it be too cool to jump in the ocean? I was looking forward to laying out on the beach without shivering.

Thanks!

Archived