Snorkel at Turneffe and Goff's Caye - Pros and Cons?

scomar

This is for anybody who has experienced the Barrier Reef Snorkel at Turneffe with Beach Break and the Goff's Caye Snorkeling shore excursion offered by Carnival. I know it usually boils down to your own likes and dislike but I was wondering if you all can put up some pros and cons so I can see if they fit into my likes and dislike.

Thanks for any help

Scomar

I haven't experienced this yet, but decided on the Turneffe excursion for our cruise. From what I understand, both pick you up at the ship. Goff's Caye is very small with no amenities, while Turneffe has a restaurant/bar, etc. I'll let you know how we liked Turneffe in a few weeks.:)

• 3 weeks later...
Remind me of this thread in February and I will post a reply with details. I will do a quick review on the Carnival board and then a review with pics on our website.

So, how was the Turneffe snorkel? I'm heading in that direction in 3 weeks and would love to hear from someone that has done it. I'll be on the Enchantment (RCCL)

The Turneffe snorkel was good. The boat was a big catamaran that picked us up right at the Legend. The crew was great and went around us on kayaks in case anyone needed help. There was a lot of fish & coral to see, but it was just a bit choppy that day. Then they gave you free sodas and rum punch.

The excursion also included a beach break at Bannister Island, which was incredibly beautiful. They had a restaurant, bar, gift shop, and bathrooms with showers. Even when we got there, you could still get back on the boat to get the free drinks.

If I had know ahead of time- my friends did the Carnival Beach Break excursion, which cost lots less. We ended up seeing them on Bannister Island! They had the opportunity to go out snorkeling to almost the same spot by locals who only charged $20 per person, plus they got stay stay longer than us. The only drawback was the locals took you out on much smaller boats.

If you are going to Roatan- you can swim out from the beach and it was the best snorkeling I have ever done! Plus everyone who did not want to snorkel had the awesome beach!

• 3 weeks later...
The Turneffe snorkel was good. The boat was a big catamaran that picked us up right at the Legend. The crew was great and went around us on kayaks in case anyone needed help. There was a lot of fish & coral to see, but it was just a bit choppy that day. Then they gave you free sodas and rum punch.

The excursion also included a beach break at Bannister Island, which was incredibly beautiful. They had a restaurant, bar, gift shop, and bathrooms with showers. Even when we got there, you could still get back on the boat to get the free drinks.

If I had know ahead of time- my friends did the Carnival Beach Break excursion, which cost lots less. We ended up seeing them on Bannister Island! They had the opportunity to go out snorkeling to almost the same spot by locals who only charged $20 per person, plus they got stay stay longer than us. The only drawback was the locals took you out on much smaller boats.

If you are going to Roatan- you can swim out from the beach and it was the best snorkeling I have ever done! Plus everyone who did not want to snorkel had the awesome beach!

I am going on this cruise as well, and was confused about the reference to Roatan. What beach did you snorkle on there?

The beach is West Bay. We were just to the side of the private area for the Carnival excursion in front of a place called Infinity Bay. We had a private driver for the day, he took us zip lining, then the beach.

• 1 year later...

Sally, Can you tell more about the beach in Roatan?

Archived