Roll Call: Star Princess, 3-30-08

ethan1171

• 1 month later...

Ethan, my husband and I are also on this trip. I saw that you used spouse on the thread. Don't worry, we have already shocked the thread by openly saying that we are a same sex couple and I use husband to refer to Yves. We have already met Shelly and Lance (and he's the first man named Lance that I have ever met who is straight) and they are nice people. Don't worry about "hiding" on the roll call... it's Princess, if anyone cares they would have been on a Carnival cruise :D

Thank you for your note; Mike and I will love to meet you. Mike (the travel agent) is my SO, i referred to him as "my spouse" in the thread. Seems there is a very lively roll call for the March 30th sailing and we are very excited to take this trip.

We've been on Princess for 5 trips and we feel very comfortable with the setting and the environment.

Take care

Ethan, my husband and I are also on this trip. I saw that you used spouse on the thread. Don't worry, we have already shocked the thread by openly saying that we are a same sex couple and I use husband to refer to Yves. We have already met Shelly and Lance (and he's the first man named Lance that I have ever met who is straight) and they are nice people. Don't worry about "hiding" on the roll call... it's Princess, if anyone cares they would have been on a Carnival cruise :D

We are going into BsAs on the 28th (we leave on the 27th) and staying at Complejo Tango, which is a Tango club as well as a B&B. I think that someone is trying to arrange a group for the Tango show on the 29th. I think Yves talked to Lance and Shelly and we will probably do the show at the Complejo Tango because they not only post the price, but it's also listed slightly higher on the Trip Advisor website. On the 28th we are going to dinner with other cruise friends that we met that are from Montreal, but live in the winter in BsAs.

We leave from San Francisco on the 28th we arrive in BsAs the morning of the 29th, we're staying at the Hilton in Puerto Madero. We have not signed up for a Tango show yet although i am still looking into it. (red eye flight plus whole day sightseeing ... i am kinda skeptical as to whether we can make it to a show at 10:30pm)

Just this morning we got a call from another couple, friends of ours who would like to come along. Since the price is really low right now ($799 flash rate for JJ) they are confirming tomorrow and they might tag along.

Are you going to the Volunteer point tour at Falklands? This is the tour that a lot of people are saying is the highlight of the whole trip. Can't wait...!

Take Care

Ethan

I know about the rate. I know that Princess won't adjust price, so I asked the agent to see if they could get us bumped up and they did. We were in II and now we have a GG guarantee instead.

We have a private tour on Stanley to Volunteer point. We tend not to do the ship's tours. Firstly because they are expensive, but also because we don't always enjoy going the same places. We are sometimes just happy to walk around town and take in the sights and such. I think we have a tour guide for the 29th in BsAs and a booked private tour in Puerto Montt which also has a few others, including Shelly and Lance. Yves took care of most of this, if you are interested I can ask him to log on and give you the details. Or forward me an email to myname (as above) at Traveladvice.ca and I will forward it to him in email to answer. Yes, even in the house we are computerized.. we often use MSN Messenger to communicate from one floor to the other (we live in a townhouse).

Archived