Intercontinental West pre-cruise

Flying Scotsman

Hi,

My wife and I are sailing with Princess later in the year and we have been allocated the Intercontinental West in which to spend our arrival night from the UK.

I've had a look at tripadvisor reviews which, as I expected, rate it as somewhat average, being a fairly standard airport/business hotel.

Now, I have a couple of questions which I'm hoping some of you good people may be able to answer:

1) Does anyone know the approximate cost of a taxi from this hotel to the South Beach area ?

2) If the taxi fare above is quite high, can I contact Princess with a view to changing hotels to something a bit closer to South Beach ? I realise if this is the case, I may have to make my own transfer arrangements, however this isn't too much of an issue.

thanks in advance for any advice/suggestions

FS

Hi

we are booked into this hotel our second visit and it may not be practible to change or to go to south beach. On our last cruise thre flightd were delayed and we did not get to the hotel until one in thr morning.As your are picked up direct from the hotel to go to Fort Lauderdale I do not think that Princess will arrange to collect you from any other hotel

Liz :)

The hotel is better than its reviews..........we stayed there 2/3 years ago, but admittedly we got upgraded to a suite f.o.c.

We will be there again this April with crossed fingers

Breakfast was I believe expensive but included as we were in a suite

There are several restaurants in the area and over the (busy) road is a small shopping area

You'll be l tired after the flight so I would say meet some of your soon to be shipmates in the lounge and relax, you'll enjoy it

hi flying scotsman we are flying into miami to join island princess on 5th of feb, we wanted to stop in miami for 3 nights prior to cruise arriving on 3rd as we were already booked into the intercontinental west on the 5th we asked princess if they could book us into a hotel in south beach for all three nights and we would pay for nights 2/3 but they would not so we have had to book our own hotel in south beach for 2 nights then move to there hotel for the 3rd night, they were not very helpfull, i think you will have to stay were they put you or you will have to pay for your own hotel and transfers. good luck

Hi There,

Was here just a few hours ago, of all the hotels I have stayed in the Miami FT L area this one has been the best, it is not 5 star, but it meets all your needs, good staff, big clean room, good TV, we arrived at an odd time so we ate dinner by ourselves, food was fine service was excellant, but you would expect that. It has a small out door pool and sitting area, there is a good golf store on the other side of the street. There is little in walking distance, but Dolphine Mall is a short taxi rid if you have a few hours to kill.

Did not do breakfast, so can not report on that

yours Shogun

Hi,

My wife and I are sailing with Princess later in the year and we have been allocated the Intercontinental West in which to spend our arrival night from the UK.

I've had a look at tripadvisor reviews which, as I expected, rate it as somewhat average, being a fairly standard airport/business hotel.

Now, I have a couple of questions which I'm hoping some of you good people may be able to answer:

1) Does anyone know the approximate cost of a taxi from this hotel to the South Beach area ?

2) If the taxi fare above is quite high, can I contact Princess with a view to changing hotels to something a bit closer to South Beach ? I realise if this is the case, I may have to make my own transfer arrangements, however this isn't too much of an issue.

thanks in advance for any advice/suggestions

FS

I would say probably about $25 for a cab one way to South Beach. :)

We are booked on the emerald princess for next year and have booked three nights south beach hotel through princess for an extra £189 which includes transfers. Not sure of this is only available on fort lauderdale sailings though.

It has to be as that is the only place Princess sails from in Florida. :)

Archived