Beach or AI resort Ocho Rios

gypsyrose

Not able to do DRF due to hip surgery. Is there a beach we would like to go to or should we look for a resort w/ a day pass? Have not seen much about OR on here except for DRF. Any help is greatly appreciated. We would like to just relax on a beach for a few hours then grab a local lunch and do some shopping.

I emailed them this week and they told me it is 55 pp for adults and children are 35 pp

Do you know what is included in the price? How do you get there? If it includes lunch and booze it probably wouldn't be bad, but other wise, seems kind of high just for a beach to hang out.

Do you know what is included in the price? How do you get there? If it includes lunch and booze it probably wouldn't be bad, but other wise, seems kind of high just for a beach to hang out.

No it includes everything food alcohol non alcoholic drinks, the beach, non motorized water sports, waterslide swim up bar etc I will post there reply if I can find it

v Snacks from two Beach Grills

v Hospitality Room with Showers

v Non-Motorized Watersports Activities

v Unlimited use of Pool & Beach Facilities

v Full Buffet Lunch (Grande Palm Restaurant)

v Unlimited Beverages (Alcoholic/non-alcoholic)

¨ Waterslide

WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW

v Beach Towels are not Provided

v Day Pass valid 9:00am-5:00pm

v Picture ID is required on check in

v Access to Fitness Center & Kiddies Club not included in Package

COST

US$55.00 Per adult

US$35.00 Per child

We just got off the Freedom of the Seas. While in Ocho Rios we got day passes at the RIU for the day. It was $80pp but included food, drinks and non-mototrized water sports. The property was beautiful! Two huge pools with swimup bars and padded lounge chairs. Lots of shady areas. The beach was white sand and water was crystal clear. There were alot of palm trees for shade also. Chairs were included. The staff there was wonderful. We like it so much we are going to go back and stay for a week. There is a ship excursion to Sandals Dunns River Villagio. Beware of this. Talked to some people that had done this and they were taken to a different property with a horrible beach and they were so unhappy their money was refunded. We took a cab from the pier to the RIU for 7 of us it was $40 total round trip. Very well worth it.

v Snacks from two Beach Grills

v Hospitality Room with Showers

v Non-Motorized Watersports Activities

v Unlimited use of Pool & Beach Facilities

v Full Buffet Lunch (Grande Palm Restaurant)

v Unlimited Beverages (Alcoholic/non-alcoholic)

¨ Waterslide

WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW

v Beach Towels are not Provided

v Day Pass valid 9:00am-5:00pm

v Picture ID is required on check in

v Access to Fitness Center & Kiddies Club not included in Package

COST

US$55.00 Per adult

US$35.00 Per child

How do you book this? I can not find a website for them, only thru orbitz. Also, it the lunch at the same place? I know that seems like a silly ?? but it says lunch at Grand Palm. Didn't know if that was a different resort or the name of the rest on the resort. Thanks

Travelbug, Where in the hotel did you go to purchase the day passes? Did you make prior arrangements? Just want to seem like I know what I'm doing.

Jiffymom, RIU is a major chain, http://www.riu.com I know of them because I saw this fantastic property from my ship as we arrived in Cabo. I researched the beach resorts and discovered that the place I saw was the RIU. Take a look at their Cabo property. It looks magnificent.

How do you book this? I can not find a website for them, only thru orbitz. Also, it the lunch at the same place? I know that seems like a silly ?? but it says lunch at Grand Palm. Didn't know if that was a different resort or the name of the rest on the resort. Thanks

Yes that is the name of the hall/restuarant where you eat(same resort). You show up and buy a pass once off the ship just go to the gate, I emailed to make sure they had day passes available for our day, there website is www.sunsetjamaicagrande.com

make sure you look at the Ocho Rios location, also I went to webshots and searched sunset jamaica ocho rios and saw lots of good pictures!

We just came back from a cruise and went to a place called Bamboo Beach Club. We had an amazing time and you should really consider going there - it sounds like it may be exactly what you are looking for! It is walking distance from the pier and was perfect for us because we went with my parents who are elderly and didn't want to venture too far into Ocho Rios. It was a beautiful white sand beach with white tents, bamboo furniture, and tons of really comfortable lounge chairs with pillows. When we arrived they gave us towels and drinks and even arranged our chairs. We had our own hostess named Shawna who took great care of us and made sure we had everything we needed. The food and drinks were good and Shawna kept bringing more and more and more. She even brought my husband a drink into the water! We enjoyed the shows the most. They were done by professional singers and dancers and muscicians and were a mix of cultural and modern entertainment - very unique and a lot of fun. It cost us $45 on the ship and included unlimited food and drinks - definitely a great value for the money. We booked it on board but they also have a website - www.bamboobeachclub.com - I think you can book it there as well or at least take a look at it to kind of get an idea of what it looks like. Anyway, hope this helps!

Archived