Shop first then Paradise Beach

gypsyrose

We are in port 8-6. I would like to do a little shopping first then head over to PB for lunch and sun. When we leave the ship, where do we ask the taxi to take us for some shopping? No jewelry. Just a few trinkets, vanilla, local art or craft if possible. Then, I guess we just grab a taxi to PB. Where will we put our purchases? Just hang on to them or go back to the ship? I spent so much time last cruise in St Thomas trying to decide what to do that I wasted so much time. Want to have it all planned out an I know you guys can help. Thanks!!!

Personally I do my shopping in the afternoons to get a better bargain. In the mornings, they know that if you dont buy there will be another "sucker" coming in after you. In the afternoon or evening, you might be that last one.

PB does have some lockers available if your items are not too large. If your ship is docked, I would return them to the ship. If you are tendered, I would take them with you.

Dave

Carnival still will not tell me where we will dock on our cruise that leaves MONDAY! I am hoping for the downtown pier rather than the International Pier.

Any Thursday cruisers from the Fantasy can tell me where you docked?

Another question - car rentals? We used Alamo before close to CnC, but have not been able to get them to respond to my emails. Any suggestions?

We leave MONDAY, Jan. 21st!

Debbie in MS

Carnival still will not tell me where we will dock on our cruise that leaves MONDAY! I am hoping for the downtown pier rather than the International Pier.

Any Thursday cruisers from the Fantasy can tell me where you docked?

Another question - car rentals? We used Alamo before close to CnC, but have not been able to get them to respond to my emails. Any suggestions?

We leave MONDAY, Jan. 21st!

Debbie in MS

Fantasy will be docking at the Punta Langosta pier as there will be three ships in port Saturday. You only have three ships in port for your sailing but it is still a guess as to what pier you are going to be at. I have been there and both the Ecstasy and Fantasy docked at Punta Langosta while this last time we went to the International pier while the Ecstasy went to Punta Langosta.

Here is the link to make a reservation through Alamo in Cozumel. http://www.rentalcarmomma.com/cities/cozumel.htm

Did you see my other post to use Avis by going through http://www.cozumelinsider.com ?

Dave

Personally I do my shopping in the afternoons to get a better bargain. In the mornings, they know that if you dont buy there will be another "sucker" coming in after you. In the afternoon or evening, you might be that last one.

PB does have some lockers available if your items are not too large. If your ship is docked, I would return them to the ship. If you are tendered, I would take them with you.

Dave

I agree with Dave but not for the better bargaining. I just would rather get to the beach first. After the beach I'd go to Los Cinco Soles: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=12791315&postcount=11

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=12800320&postcount=14

Archived