Favorite Grand Cayman Excursion

rob6465

Not an excursion, but last year, my wife and I along with another couple taxied to cemetery beach. (Yes, it's an actual cemetery, right before the beach)

It was awesome! We practically had the whole beach to ourselves. Weather was great, water was crystal clear, and later, our taxi driver picked us up and we went to Hell!

If you want to get away from crowds, I would suggest this beach.

Also, we didn't bring our snorkel gear, but 2 people who did said it was absolutely wonderful!

reef, rays and rumpoint with Nativeway tours.

They take you on a nice dive boat with a good staff of knowledgable people. They care about your experience, so if alot of ships are in that day they will do the opposite of what others are doing, for instance the first time we did their excursion we had 8 ships in port and everyone was at the stingray sandbar, so we went to snorkle first. You HAVE to snorkle in grand cayman, it's beautiful, the water is crystal clear and it's perfect, someone thought that I was in a swimming pool when they saw our pictures!!! The guys on Nativeway are very smart about the rays and show you exactly how to feed them and they put out conche so the rays come right over, they are sweeties too, the love people. (or food most likely)

We loved rum point also, they offered a free lunch with ice tea (but you can buy drinks there and the rum runners are very expensive but potent, you don't need more than one, very good food too.

You get all this for like 60.00 each, I think it's a great value, if you're interested, just google Nativeway, they pop right up. You deal with Sharon,and she does ask for your credit card to hold the tour for you, but they don't use it if the ship can't dock. These guys were very trustworthy, I gave them my card both times so far and only had them use it once, the other time I paid cash.

The first time we had 18 or so people on the tour, we had 4 staff, the second we had only 8 of my own party, they treated us as a smaller group, just as good as they did the larger group, but we only had 2 staff members the second time.

Anyway thats what I loved best in GC, hope it helps.

Carole

I agree.....Rays, Reef, and Rum Point with Nativeways.

Snorkeling, fun with the sting rays, and a yummy lunch waiting for you at Rum Point Beach.

They'll take pictures so bring $$$$$! I believe it was $20 for the first picture and $10 for additional pictures. Unless you have a daughter that is what's known as a "hottie".....the photographer gave us all our pix for a very low price!!!

This is not an excursion, but I have found the best snorkeling I have ever done in my life at Eden Rock, within walking distance of the place you get off the tender.

THis is my choice too! It's a 5 minute walk from where the tender lets you off and the snorkeling is amazing. Nothing like snorkeling next to 4 ft tarpon! But the best thing about it is it's FREE!

You can rent snorkel gear there, but we bring our own.

Reef rays and Rum Point with Nativeway. 18 cruises...best tour ever !!!!

Actually three tours in one for 60 bucks per person including lunch with fresh catch of the day. We had Mahi Mahi...delicious! We had a videographer instead of a photographer. Purchased the dvd for 60 bucks!

We did the Kayak tour and LOVED it! You also have the option to snorkel during part of it~ I held an inverted jelly fish~ WOO HOO!

It really depends on the level of physical activity you want to do though, it wasn't the most relaxing excursion we've ever done :D It was one of the smaller excursion groups too, so we got to talk with our guide a lot and learned so much about the local culture. It also left plenty of time for shopping and Senior Frogs afterward!

Jen:p

What is you favorite cayman excursion and why ?

Swimming with the Stingrays. It was AMAZING. I even got sun poisoning and still feel it was the best excursion EVER. We were scared at first, but that's something I will NEVER forget! If you get the chance, you SOOOOOO need to do it. Worth ever penny!:D

Hope that helps!!!

THis is my choice too! It's a 5 minute walk from where the tender lets you off and the snorkeling is amazing. Nothing like snorkeling next to 4 ft tarpon! But the best thing about it is it's FREE!

You can rent snorkel gear there, but we bring our own.

Hey girl!!

What did you do just hang there for the day? Is it a place to hang? Beach?

Our favorite tour was Rays, Reef & Rum Point through nativeway watersports (http://www.nativewaywatersports.com)

You get to snorkel, swim with stingrays & get some beach time! Think we paid $100 for the two of us in 2006 and it included lunch.

They also let us drive their boat! Cool for me...first time ever got to drive a boat. They even let the two young boys on our trip drive it !!!!

Once again..I'm going to give another thumbs up for Rays, Reefs and Rum Point. What a wonderful excurion and a great bunch of people. The day we were there the water was very choppy so we went to Coral Gardens vs the reef. I didn't snorkle since I was inexperienced and the choppiness made me nervous. However, it was still a great overall excursion and can't wait to to it again next year with the kids!!

Reef, Rays, Rum Pt. the best of all! For $60 per person you can't beat it with any ship excursion. Pictures are $60 for 10 or $25 for 2. We just got back from Jan 10th trip. You MUST make the first tender out. We docked at 7 and got on the second set of tenders until 8:30. We were almost left. They called the van back for us! Snorkeling is only in 8-10 ft of water and water is to die for! LUnch great and so was service. The rest of our group didn't go and they were very jealous!!!

Archived