Majesty of the Seas

Hello,

I need some information on this ship. I know it's an older ship, but is it showing its age. What about the staterooms and public areas?

Thanks

We sailed on her last March, right after the refurbishment. I thought the ship really looked beautiful. I hope you have a great time!! I'd sail on her again, in a heartbeat!!

Terri

We were on her for the Christmas sailing. No problems, no issues, no complaints, except for the rude behavior they displayed on Friday morning by making us leave the ship! How dare they!

I sailed Majesty in September 2007 and had an amazing time. We had the smallest inside cabin, and it was very small, but just fine for us. Some bathrooms had more shelves than others if that matters to you - that's the only thing I'd mention as a problem. The ship itself seemed to be in great shape and the staff was amazing. We had Adan as our waiter and he was one of the best parts of our cruise.

We did a b2b on Majesty in late November, early December. We were very impressed with this ship and the crew! The public areas are beautiful. We had an inside stateroom, but never felt uncomfortably crowded, and we are accustomed to balcony staterooms.

I agree with the previous posters. We enjoyed our cruises on the Majesty of the Seas last month. The ship looks new since it's been refurbished. We also found the crew extremely friendly and hard working. We would certainly sail on her again. And we will.

I loved her before the refurb (disgusting coloured carpet and all!).

The staterooms all have new bedding and beds and while SMALL for the regular ocean view and inside rooms, they are adequate. You're not likely to want to stay in your room anyways during her short cruises.

I truly love this ship, can't wait to sail again soon!

Beautiful "little" ship! And the most wonderful Officers, Staff and Crew!

Actually, the Majesty is larger than Splendour, Legend and Empress of the Seas.

She also has more passenger capacity than any of the Vison and Radiance class ships (and obviously, Empress). Sovereign just edges her out.

It's a misconception really that the Sovereign class is the "smallest" class of ships RCCl has in the fleet. They got this reputation after being doomed to the 3/4 night boring Bahama weekend cruises (at least the east coast).

It's really a shame because I really love the Majesty and Sovereign. There are indeed "beautiful little ships".

The Majesty was our very first cruise ever and holds a special place in our hearts. We are cruising on her the first of Feb and looking forward to it. This cruise will be the 3rd time for us on Majesty, the first time since the referb.

Goodness! I had no idea that Majesty had a higher passenger capacity than Radiance Class ships. Those ships are so much bigger than Majesty. It is really hard to imagine. Maybe the larger cabins and larger public areas take up a lot more space, so fewer passengers are squeezed onto the ships.

We have sailed Majesty three times witha fourth sailing coming up in February. We have sailed Radiance Class ships three times with Brilliance coming up again January 21.

It must really be a trick of perception. It just seems as if more passengers are on the Radiance Class ships.

Post Script: I looked up the info at royalcaribbean.com and here is the amazing data. Passenger capacity on Majesty is 2, 744 and passnger cpacity on Radiance Class ships is 2, 501!!! Majesty holds 243 more passengers! I learned something everyday at Cruise Critic. So thanks to Fury1995 for teaching me something about Majesty I didn't know even after three cruises on her.

Goodness! I had no idea that Majesty had a higher passenger capacity than Radiance Class ships. Those ships are so much bigger than Majesty. It is really hard to imagine. Maybe the larger cabins and larger public areas take up a lot more space, so fewer passengers are squeezed onto the ships.

We have sailed Majesty three times witha fourth sailing coming up in February. We have sailed Radiance Class ships three times with Brilliance coming up again January 21.

It must really be a trick of perception. It just seems as if more passengers are on the Radiance Class ships.

Post Script: I looked up the info at royalcaribbean.com and here is the amazing data. Passenger capacity on Majesty is 2, 744 and passnger cpacity on Radiance Class ships is 2, 501!!! Majesty holds 243 more passengers! I learned something everyday at Cruise Critic. So thanks to Fury1995 for teaching me something about Majesty I didn't know even after three cruises on her.

Yep, and although the Radiance Class is 62' longer than the Sovereign Class, the Vision Class is actually longer than both the Radiance Class and the Sovereign Class by 18' and 116'.

The Soveriegn Class also has a wider beam than both Radiance and Vison Class ships and a bigger draft than the Vision Class ships.

Comparetively, the Sovereign family fits right in with the Vision Class ships when it comes to size, a little slower.... but all in all, they are right up there with the rest of the big ones.;)

just read a review of the Majesty and the person complained about the sewage smell in their cabin for the whole cruise..we are on the 2/11 cruise and so glad to hear no one mentioned that ..so am hoping the reviewer's was an isolated occurence..:) :)

Like everyone else, I love this ship. You can see some pictures of her after the refurbishment in the link at the end of the signature. If you explore the other albums you can find by backing up through that link, you'll see some pictures of her before the refurb.

We were on the Christmas sailing last month, which was our 4th time on the Majesty. I can't recall a single problem or complainton any of our visits. The Majesty & crew are great. Overall it's not quite the same as a 7 nighter, it has a different "feel", but staff and service are every bit as good.

We had a great cruise on Majesty this past summer. It is a great little ship. A lot of specs have been mentioned but the gross tonnage of the Majesty at about 79,000 compared to say, Serenade, at 90,000 isn't that great a difference. We'll be on Serenade for the first time in March and I'm guessing that the difference is going to be in the cabins being a little larger and the public spaces slightly bigger.

Majesty had just been refurbed and we were far more impressed than we had expected. It's a really nice sail, and a good crew and staff. We'd go again tomorrow.

just read a review of the Majesty and the person complained about the sewage smell in their cabin for the whole cruise..we are on the 2/11 cruise and so glad to hear no one mentioned that ..so am hoping the reviewer's was an isolated occurence..:) :)

We were in junior suite 1586 from 12/7 through 12/17 and never once did we experience any sewage smells. The one thing we did notice is it was extremely warm in the hallways and public areas.

Archived