AOS - Snorkelling Suggestions

kookoo

Hello all!

We're taking our first cruise (RCI Adventure of the Seas) and would like some suggestions for:

• best places to snorkel
  • reccommended tour operators for snorkelling (other than through RCI)

Ports of Call:

Aruba, Curacao, St. Thomas, St. Marten, Puerto Rico

We have snorkeled in St Thomas/St Johns and Bonaire(which is part of the ABC /Aruba, Curacao, Bonaire islands) a few times. Not an expert by any means. We are on AOS in April and plan on snorkeling in Curacao and St Johns and maybe Aruba if we can fit it in. There is nothing like it. What can I say, we are hooked!

Hello all!

We're taking our first cruise (RCI Adventure of the Seas) and would like some suggestions for:

• best places to snorkel

Ports of Call:

Hi,

I've been to all these ports and I recommend Curacao and St. Thomas (St. Johns). Aruba didn't seem to have a very good reef system. St. Marten is in the same boat. Puerto Rico has good reefs but they're in the eastern and southern parts of the island, not around San Juan. I'd recommend going to Margot in St. Marten and have some french food and shop and go to El Morro or Ft. San Cristibol in San Juan. The old spanish forts are really great. Of course my DW likes to go to the bar in San Juan for some Medalla beer, her favorite. :) Also if you go into the old town of San Juan make sure you visit the churches. One of them has the tomb of Ponte De Leon, the fountain of youth guy (guess he never found it).

Randall

I have snorkeled off the beach at Cas Abao. It looks just like a postcard. There is shade, chairs etc and a small snack place. There is an entrance fee but only about 10 people there during the week. If you go to the left facing the water to the rocks you will find many fish, I have also seen a moray eel. My daughter who scuba dives said it was as good as any dive she had done. Take a taxi there and do not pay until they pick you up. We Always go in the am and spend at least three hours there.

Thanks Randall! Any beach in particular while in Curacao? Would you suggest any tour operators or do you recommend just going to the beach and snorkeling on our own?

I'd check out the message board for Curacao in the "Ports of Call" group. It's been a year or so since I've been there.

Randall

Hello all!

• best places to snorkel

Ports of Call:

This will be my first time doing the Southern Caribean as well.

After a year of planning this what I am doing.

Aruba- Jolly Pirates (Sail, Snorkel, Swim & Swing) through RCI

Curacao- Actief-Half-day Snorkel and Reef Snorkel Tour

St.Maarten-Orient Beach

St.Thomas- Sunny Liston Tour- end up at Saphire Beach

Here is a link for some good suggestions:

http://www.cruisereviews.com/info/snorkeling.htm

• 2 weeks later...

Archived