Do you feel lots of motion at the very back of the ship?

cruisinqt

Hi CruisingT,

Saw your post about your cabin in the aft section of the ship. Maybe this will help you alleviate your concern. We booked a New England/Canada cruise last year in October on the Grandeur of the Seas and we decided to book w/ a guarantee. We always selected our cabins before on other cruises. Well lo and behold, when we got our cabin assignment, we had an aft cabin that was only 8 cabins from the very end of the ship. We called our ta and were told that when you book a guarantee you get what the ship assigns you. We were a bit nervous about being in the rear of the ship but figured that we had to live w/ it. We were also on deck 2, the bottom of the barrel, so-to-speak. We never really received any type of upgrade, except we got an excellent price for our cabins. We did have an outside cabin though because that is what we wanted. We had 9 days out of 10 of rain and the weather left much to be desired. People were complaining about how rocky their cabins were but we loved ours! We felt no motion whatsoever. I slept like a log at night! We were w/ 2 other couples and they said the same thing. It was also very quiet in the aft. So our apprehension about being assigned aft turned out to be a blessing in disguise.

Enjoy your cruise and stop worrying!

Cruisingmimi, thanks for the info. I've had several other people say the same thing. It sounds like the aft is not such a bad place after all.:) I think I was a little worried because we were soooo far back. There is only one cabin between us and the end of the ship. But I feel better now, thanks.

Serene, you are gettting some fantastic prices. We are only paying $499 for ourselves on the Conquest and half that for the kids. It's a good deal, but under $500 for an aft balcony on the Victory is an absolute steal!:eek:

We too, are very flexible with our dates. I am an artist and work out of our home, so my hours are quite flexible. Unless I am in the middle of doing a mural for someone, then I can't stop in the middle of it for anything. But I can schedule murals around our cruises. And my husband gets 6 weeks of vacation time every year and has senority so he can travel when he wants to most of the time. So after reading your great deals, I think I will go ahead and start planning our next cruise now even before we go on the one we are scheduled for now. Maybe if I do it really far in advance, we can get some really good deals like you do. Wish me luck! Thanks for the info.!:D

Archived