9/ 26/04 RCCL LEGEND of the SEAS- Mex. Riv

chuckncole

we just got back on sunday from that cruise. you will have a great time. In cabo we went parasailing then had a great lunch at a place called The Office. Then spent the rest of the day next door at the Mango Deck. Just enjoyed the beach all afternoon. Lots of vendors in the area though. We bought some stuff there, more than the other places. Other people we talked to went to the hotels that you can see on the beach and just camped out for the day. As I understand it if you open a tab and buy lunch, etc they are very glad to have you there.

We got back from our 8/29 Legend cruise a couple of weeks ago. Had a great time at Hotel Finisterra. A short taxi ride up the hill. I posted an extensive five-part review including this on the RCI board. You might have to do a search to find it now as it currently on page 5 and retreating. Here is a quote, "Took a taxi a very short distance to Hotel Fnisterra.

http://www.finisterra.com/htdocs/index.html

I think the other taxi drivers were laughing at us as the distance is minimal, however up a slightly steep hill. I didn’t care as it was already hot and I didn’t want to listen to the kids whine on our way to a relaxing, nice place.

Walked right into the hotel with nobody saying a word. Walked out to the pool area and …WOW! There are three large beautiful pools each on it’s own terrace. On one side of the middle pool was a nice swim-up bar connected to a large palpa-covered casual restaurant. Nice! Kids jumped in the pool and we kicked back in the shade of a palapa.

None of the servers were paying much attention to us (I think they can recognize the cruise ship profile) although they walked by frequently. We needed towels as we did not want to cart them from the ship and none were available poolside. After forking over a $10 to waiter, Hector, we were absolutely taken care for the rest of our stay. Hector RAN up to the main hotel to get our towels. The warm rain came and the kids loved swimming in it, however, when the wind started blowing the rain under the palapa getting our camera, etc wet, here comes Hector to help us move our stuff into the restaurant.

In the restaurant enjoyed Coronas and sandwiches…excellent! The rain passed quickly so we went back out to swim in the pool and watch the kids frolic. The pool was great in that it was only 3 ½-4 feet deep. Perfect for our kids, as our youngest is still a little afraid of the deep end. No water slides, etc. but still great. Bottom line: Thoroughly good time at this hotel! Have also read good things about the cruise-passenger friendly hotel Pueblo Bonito Blanco, where people sometimes elect to have their boat driver drop them at it’s beach by the Office restaurant.

Took the easy walk DOWN the hill and walked into town. Lots of merchants peddling their wares but not too much trouble. In the shops around the Cabo Wabo our haggling efforts didn’t fare too well as we could not get a pair of basic flip-flops for under $12. The wife picked up a pretty ceramic plate after negotiating down to $10. Probably best off getting the deals between the ship and town if they have what you are looking for.

Tendered back in without a problem (although I have read the tender line gets long around 4:00)."

Enjoy!!

Mind if I join you Colleen ;)

We only need one more to make our roll-call. So if you haven't already, please sign up for the Meet & Mingle if you are going to be on this cruise.

You can link to our roll-call from my signature below.

Archived