Help...Transfers...Ft Lauderdale???

okpoke

we arrive in ft lauderdale at 9:00 AM on the day of our cruise and have already scheduled a transfer with RCCI. Now we have learned that the transfer service doesn't start until 11:00. What are our other options? Could we get a cab to pier...check in just bags...and then venture off to the beach? Any other ideas?

Thanks!!

we arrive in ft lauderdale at 9:00 AM on the day of our cruise and have already scheduled a transfer with RCCI. Now we have learned that the transfer service doesn't start until 11:00. What are our other options? Could we get a cab to pier...check in just bags...and then venture off to the beach? Any other ideas?

Thanks!!

Even if the transfer starts at 11am you be in port by 11:15am. ;)

Unless you mind breakfast at the airport. :D

Here is the e-mail address of the service I always use as a local here.

info@qualitylimoservice.com

Real good company. Ask them how much.

I never advise anyone to take the RCI transfers. There are very rare incidences when this is good. The port is about 5 minutes from the airport......a very easy taxi ride. The last time I went to FLL I arrived at 9:30 and went directly over to the pier by taxi and there was no problem. Some passengers were still disembarking and we had to wait a while but we were able to get into the waiting area...no problem. They were ready to board around 11:00 or so. Taking the transfers is like being hearded like cattle.

Thanks for the help....

Can anyone answer the other question....can we go to pier and JUST check in our bags around 10:00ish and leave to explore a little in Ft Lauderdale?

Absolutely. The pier is close to the beach and downtown (Riverwalk) and Las Olas Blvd.

There is a little wagon going between those three places. Just hop on.

Here is the Sun Trolley between Downtown/Riverfront (website: http://www.riverfrontfl.com/events/index.html ), Las Olas (website: http://www.lasolasboulevard.com/ ) and the beach.

http://suntrolley.com/i-map/tma_i-map.html

The real beach begins at Las Olas and goes up to just south of Sunrise Blvd. Along this stretch you have stores, restaurant,bars and of course the Beach Place.

Have fun.

Grab a cab to the port in FLL is 10$

Did I get burned just this past week? I used yellow cab, FLL to Port Everglades was 15.60 one way (metered) plus tip.

Either way, it is still better then the RCI transfers. I really like the Port Everglades Pier too.

Did I get burned just this past week? I used yellow cab, FLL to Port Everglades was 15.60 one way (metered) plus tip.

Either way, it is still better then the RCI transfers. I really like the Port Everglades Pier too.

Wow, that seems expensive. The port is only a mile or two from FLL.

That's what it was for the 4 of us in Dec. from the airport to the hotel, & hotel to pier(about the same distance from the airport to pier). Maybe its gone up a little. Plus more people 4 vs 2 or 3 makes it higher.

I think we paid about 10-15 for 2 people from the Holiday Inn near the airport to the port.. and about the same from the port to the airport.. ditto I love Port Everglades too... ALMOST as much as Port Canaveral....:D

• $2.50 First 1/6 Mile
  • 40¢ Each Additional 1/6 Mile or
  • 40¢ Each 1-Minute of Waiting Time
  • $10 minimum fare for trips that begin at Ft. Lauderdale/Hollywood International Airport or Port Everglades Seaport

NO ADDITIONAL CHARGE SHALL BE MADE FOR EXTRA PASSENGERS OR BAGGAGE

The port is actually about 4.05 miles from FLL airport.....through in some red lights, etc and that gets you to about 15 bux give or take.

Thanks!!

Your plane arrives at 9am-- by the time you get your luggage it will be closer to 10am.

You can leave luggage with the porters and venture out in the port-- BUIT the question is "will the porters be ready to accept you at 10am??" If a lot of ships are debarking that day I dont think you will be able to get to the pier before 10:30.

Grab something to eat at the airport and head to the pier about 10:30- you will be onboard and ready to start your vacation by noon.

Archived