Cruise air

kathy16

I am planning a 14 day cruise from NZ to SYD or SYD/NZ leaving either early or mid-January 2009 coming from Hartford CT, USA, and thinking about maybe spending a few days at GBR pre or post cruise, and/or stopping in Fiji or Tahiti on way back. I do have a limited number of vacation days, and I also have to work some weekends, so I am trying to manipulate a schedule. How many days should I allot for traveling to cruise, and do the airlines flying to that area from here only travel on specific days? Would travel to NZ/SYD be harder to arrange right after New Years holiday. How soon should I make flight arrangements, although I don't really have the money for that yet. It seems flights run $3000+ when I price out as if I was leaving sooner, rather than in 2009. Thank you for your help. I find Cruise Critic an invaluable resource.

Kathy

Hi Kathy,

My wife and I are taking the Jan 5 2009 cruise from Sydney to Aukland, if this is the one for you...come join our roll call.

This is the first time we are going international...so we did cruise air...I had heard alot of reasons not to do it but like you I priced it out and I was coming up with alot more than $2000.00 per person :eek: (which is what we have from Princess). What we are doing is we have booked cruise air but from what I understand if I find a better price somewhere I can take that and cancel cruise air as long as it's before final payment.

I think it's gonna be a great cruise, hope you decide to come along with us!

Andy

Archived