Delux cabin celebration

My mum and myself are on the Celebration Red Sea cruise on 31st January and have booked a delux cabin on either deck 6 or 7. Has anyone stayed in these cabins and could I have your comments please. My mum is not keen on doing excursions but wants to use the cruise as relaxation. Will be able to do anything on our own at any of the ports?

sailed on Celebration in summer, although not a delux cabin, ship is good and the cabin we had on deck 3 was more than adequate. Had sneak peeks at the delux cabins and they looked lovely so I guess you will be happy with it.

As for doing stuff on your own you can please yourselves whatever you want to do, but other cruisers have suggested the organised excursions are best for this itinery

Enjoy your cruise- lovely food, staff, entertainment and excellent value for money!

we were on Celebration in October in a de luxe cabin which was very spacious with picture window and bath with shower over in the en suite....we like the Promenade deck as you can just go out on deck to see whats going on or just sit in the sun.....nearest we can get to a balcony!!! there was some vibration at the rear of the ship so its best to go forward of midships if poss....we were cabin 223 which was well placed for the stairs, lift and laundry room. We love this ship...the crew are fantastic.

Regarding the ports of call..Sharm el Sheikh and Aqaba are really the only ones where you could do your own thing. Sharm el Sheikh you could get the ships bus to Naama Bay, we enjoyed that area just as a change from the ship...in Aqaba there was a shuttle bus to the town centre where you could walk around quite safely...they didn't seem to hassle there like they did in Egypt....Safaga is a very industrial area but we got a ships tour to Hurghada quite cheaply for just half a day. Port Sokhna is totally industrial but there was a short trip to a beach but we didn't do it so can't comment. Hope this helps and that you enjoy your trip!

Thanks for the informative replies. Jennywren - when did you have the opportunity to be able to go to Naama Bay as our cruise is from and to Sharm. We leave the day that we arrive (if you know what I mean!) and disembark for the aiport at Sharm. Were there many children on your cruise and what was the average age group. My mum is 72 but full of life and loves to dance!!

Marilyn

Thanks for the informative replies. Jennywren - when did you have the opportunity to be able to go to Naama Bay as our cruise is from and to Sharm. We leave the day that we arrive (if you know what I mean!) and disembark for the aiport at Sharm. Were there many children on your cruise and what was the average age group. My mum is 72 but full of life and loves to dance!!

Marilyn

You will arrive back in Sharm early morning and if you are lucky and have a late flight you have the morning to do what you like. There were quite a few children but it was half term, the passengers were really a broad spectrum of ages, possibly more over 50's but also plenty of younger people. The shows are brilliant and seem to appeal to all ages. I'm sure your Mum will have a great time (and you of course!)

My mum and myself are on the Celebration Red Sea cruise on 31st January and have booked a delux cabin on either deck 6 or 7. Has anyone stayed in these cabins and could I have your comments please. My mum is not keen on doing excursions but wants to use the cruise as relaxation. Will be able to do anything on our own at any of the ports?

We were on this cruise over the new year and had one of these rooms on the Prom Deck. We were very impressed with the size of the room, plenty of wardrobe space, bathroom exactly the same as the Suite we had last year. The only thing we did wrong was booking a room too near to the Broadway Lounge Mezzanine Bar. The late night shows could be clearly heard by us when we had an early night. Try midships - I'm told the back has some vibration problems.

Thank you all for your replies, I thought that all the deluxe cabins on decks 6 & 7 were forward of midship. Am I not reading the deck plans correctly? How many formal nights were on this cruise and what type of dress code was kept to for the remaining nights. Desperatly wanting to pack my suitcase but undecided about what to pack. Once the case is packed I feel as if I am on my way!! I know - it's really sad.

Thank you all for your replies, I thought that all the deluxe cabins on decks 6 & 7 were forward of midship. Am I not reading the deck plans correctly? How many formal nights were on this cruise and what type of dress code was kept to for the remaining nights. Desperatly wanting to pack my suitcase but undecided about what to pack. Once the case is packed I feel as if I am on my way!! I know - it's really sad.

If you try and get a cabin forward of the main lifts/stairs you should be OK ...I think there were a few de luxe cabins between the lifts and the upper level of the show lounge which were probably the noisy ones!!! Saying that we did have some noisy neighbours who didn't know how to shut doors quietly late at night so you can never guarantee a peaceful time!!!!

there is one formal night per week on Thomson cruises and most people dressed what I would call smart /casual on the other nights. I usually wear black jersey trousers and a top and my partner wears a shirt and trousers (no tie) and perhaps a jumper if its chilly. I feel just the same as you about the packing and we got our cases down out of the loft today for our next cruise on 9th February!!

• 1 year later...

Just to pass on the little bit of knowledge that I have so far!

We are going on our first Thomson Cruise on 6th March on the Celebration.:D

I have booked a deluxe room because the square footage is more than an outside cabin, they have a bath and shower, and also a picture window as opposed to a porthole.

The previous cruises we have done have been for 2 weeks and this one is just a week, so I would have been happy with a lesser cabin. However, we are not cruise 'whingers' by any standards, but I have come to realise that there are many who like to pick holes with various ships/cruise lines for sometimes very minor details. So as this is our first time with Thomson I decided to go for a deluxe room so I can compare it fairly with what we had on our last cruise with Arcadia. For me the ultimate is a balcony!:D I am looking forward to spending some much needed quality time with my hubbie and hope very much for some good weather. We intend to just enjoy the ship and cruising, meet some new people and chill out. Anything else will be a great bonus.:D

Roll on the 6th!!!!!

Archived