Playa Rincon

lucrob

I will be on the NCL Jewel, Feb. 15th. Our first stop is Samana.

I'm only interested in going to Playa Rincon. I Understand this is a tender stop? How can I make my own way to Playa Rincon? There will be 4 of us in our party. Are there small boats that go from the Pier or go right up to our boat tender?

Please advise.

I haven't been yet but I'm planning on going to Playa Rincon on my own when we stop in Samana in April. I've contacted a cruise ship passenger who did the same trip back in November and according to him you'll just take the tender in to Samana and bargain with a cab driver there. It is possible to be driven all the way to Rincon but the last part of the road is supposedly quite bad so it's better to have the driver take you to Las Galeras (approx. 40 minutes from Samana) and you can then catch a water taxi to Playa Rincon (approx. 20 minutes). He was able to get the cab for 70 dollars and the water taxi for about 12 dollars per person. With 4 people that ends up being a pretty reasonably priced day.

We did Playa Ricon and took the taxi. It took about an hour to get there. We left with probably the fourth tender, spent 3 hours at the beach, and still had two hours to spare coming back. But the road is very BUMPY!!!!

do they have water taxi, that can take you from samana to playa rinon?:cool:

No, Playa Rincon is on the other side of the peninsula so it would take forever to go the whole way by boat. You need to taxi over to Las Galeras and take the boat from there.

We used Casa Dorado and they were great!

• 1 month later...

Archived