Massdam activities

Retired 07

Hi Everybody!

This is my first time on the HAL board. My DW and I have sailed only on Princess twice. We are thinking of a Canada/New England cruise on the Maasdam in October. The cruise ends in Ft Lauderdale after 3 days at sea. My DW is a little worried about the boredom factor during those 3 days. Are there sufficient activities to keep us occupied during those 3 days? From what I've already read on these boards, the Maasdam is a wonderful ship with a great crew.

Any comments on the things to do will be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

By the way, does anybody know how to get rid of the old calendar below?

I find on all our HAL cruises there is really no time for boredom to set in. There are seminars and talks, sports activities and trivia, cooking classes, movies, etc. during the day. Just check out your daily program. Your room steward will put it on your bed the night before so you can plan out your activities for the next day. In fact, there is usually so much scheduled you can't make it to everything ... you have to pick what event matters more to you. Have a great cruise!

In 2004 we did the Ft Lauderdale to Montreal cruise and on sea days we had a lot to do.

Since you wll have your sea days at the end, this will be time for paid-for cooking classes, Mariner's party's and luncheons, etc.

You should find lots of activities to keep you busy.

Good time to rest in the Crow's Nest with a good book and a good drink during those off hours.

• 3 weeks later...

I just got off the Maasy (as crew call it) about a year ago. I know that they are changing things up, but when I was on we had the normal bingo, trivia, board games, outside games, pool games (depending on weather) and plus the Northeast route only has one sea day. there will be plenty to do. As of now they are "weeding" out the cruise staff activities and dam dollar events bringing in new programs.

Archived